Chapter 27: Envy

At that instant, Jimin waited for something else and to his surprise, it came earlier than expected. Jungkook leaned in until his head moved in closer and closer. By now, the tips of their fair noses were touching and Jungkook could feel every breath Jimin hitched against his skin. Now, Jimin couldn't form sentences and became excited to know what was to come next to the point he was hoping to scratch that spot that has been constantly itching deep down where his soul remained. Yet, he didn't expect what came next.

       Jungkook moved his head away until his lips were close to Jimin's ear, causing the red on Jimin's face to burn like a flame so suddenly. "I should be leaving now," Jungkook said and listened to a soft little sigh Jimin exhaled right after. He knew Jimin hoped for something else, but with the issues he had by going back and forth when it came to moving on from Yoongi, Jungkook knew that Jimin must have been in the moment for now, but then by the next he would have been broken. The android observed too much to know that this was something fragile he was dancing with and he only hoped to move slowly with the human until he knew for sure Jimin wanted to move on completely.

      "Right... of course!" Jimin replied and his head was finally brought down to earth. He quickly got off of Jungkook the second he felt the Android's hands remove from that spot on his back he only hoped to feel more of Jungkook's gentle embrace but it wasn't going to happen, at least for now.

      The second Jimin sat up and kept his gaze focused on the bed sheets. He listened to Jungkook stand up and felt his gaze trace his figure once again.

      "When should we go to the beach? Should we go today?"

       "It's still snowing out there..."

        "We don't need to go when the weather is warm, just being there would be good enough. What do you think?" Jungkook questioned as he watched Jimin become embarrassed the more he thought of how much he blushed and enjoyed having the android close to his face like that. "Jimin, are you okay?"

      "Y-Yes I am!" Jimin replied instantly and looked at the android for a second before breaking his eye contact once again. "Yes... we should go today then... but, I don't want to walk there, it's a long trip if we do..."

      "That won't be necessary, I can borrow Hoseok's car," Jungkook assured before walking into the direction Jimin's eyes latched onto in order to keep Jimin focused on him. "The best part of this is, no one will be at the beach so it will just be the two of us, isn't that great?"

      "Yes it is," Jimin replied. Still dwelling on what just happened until, he felt the soft caress of the Android's hand fixing onto the top of his head. With a touch so gentle and innocent as that, Jimin's face never faded from the beautiful rosy tone that left Jungkook smiling.

      "It will be worth it..." Jungkook replied and watched Jimin's head slowly move up to have his eyes locked onto Jungkook's again. "My energy is running low, I'll call you when I'm fully charged for the day."

       "You run out of energy quickly... Are you okay?"

       "I don't run out quickly. To you, I do because you sleep for the most hours we spend together. To me, it's been another long day," Jungkook answered. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

       "Okay..." Jimin replied and watched as Jungkook left the room seconds after.

     There, Jimin pressed his body against the bed once more and didn't even bother to bring the pillow into his arms once more. He was dwelling on the moment he and Jungkook had that the idea of Yoongi didn't seem to cross his mind there. He was aware of his infatuation and knew that at times, Yoongi wouldn't come to mind, but when he did, he was at a crossroad.