Chapter 21: An Abomination

Hoseok took a glance at the time displayed on the dual monitors to the side of the room; his gaze trembled back and forth as he debated the idea of moving forward. He kept looking back at the dual monitors and then towards the initials of the creator before running his hand along Taehyung's back. Slowly bringing himself to find the opening in order to access the wires. Along his soft and fake skin, Hoseok managed to find the compartment and pull it open; instantly latching his gaze to the many fried wires within the Android's system.

"You are nothing like Jungkook... all androids are made just like this, but he is not. Oh, you will be fine..." Hoseok whispered to himself as he walked back to where the dual monitors remained before finding another cable to connect Taehyung into the system.

"I am too familiar with the making of his creations to not know what I'm doing."

Concurrently, Jimin managed to reach the same cat cafe he sat in before with Taehyung and Namjoon. The bright sunset colored lights filled his eyes and many smaller cats wandered around within the place; some real, some artificial. With the sight of a cat jumping off a table, Jimin was able to find the cat Taehyung clung onto just before.

"Why did I bring myself here..." Jimin asked himself as his boots crushed the snow beneath the soles as he pushed his body further towards the entrance of the cafe. Right at the entry, he recalled the first moment he stepped in and was instantly greeted by Taehyung's shout which brought all the attention to him so suddenly. Just the memory itself left Jimin hesitating to open the door.

"There's not a lot of people here. I should be fine!" He assured all the doubts he had in his head. Right there, Jimin pulled the door open and stepped in. Instantly feeling the many stares that fixed onto him at that very second. "Why am I here... I should turn around and leave... Ah, but if I turn around now, that will only cause more attention to myself. I need to sit somewhere... somewhere-"

"Hey, Jimin!" Called out a familiar voice that erupted a few steps before him.

Jimin slowly looked up from the ground, catching onto the one who stood before him who had on white sneakers along with his black dress pants and white dress shirt. Jimin continued to look up until his innocent brown eyes met with Kim Namjoon's charming and breathtaking gaze that only left Jimin speechless. He just didn't know what to say given the lack of conversation between them.

"N-Namjoon, hello..." Jimin replied softly. The young and innocent man couldn't dare to look into Namjoon's eyes any longer. He couldn't understand why his gaze longed to stare into Jungkook's ocean gaze, but not another living human. Of course, Jimin now understood that Jungkook was just an android and Namjoon was a real human being; one who could breathe and think all on his own. Far more different than Jungkook and that's what left Jimin a little anxious.

"I didn't think I would see you here. I'm so glad I ran into you, I'm on my break," Namjoon mentioned and shoved his hands into his pockets before looking at a cat wandering around his legs. "Would you like to sit down and talk? We didn't get the chance to get to know each other last time, how about now?"

"Oh... of course!" Jimin replied slightly louder and made a smile. He hoped that this would be the moment he became independent. Though the words Taehyung said before were true, Jimin didn't want to rely on others anymore so he longed to be independent and learn to make connections without the memory of Yoongi influencing whoever he spoke to.

"I'm glad you came in today, I don't have many human friends since you know how most humans are... they tend to rely on technology now. It's rare to see two humans hanging around together nowadays."