Chapter 19: His Dreamcatcher

Jungkook held the human closely; carefully keeping his hands against the human's frame and looking down at the young man who's eyes weighed in shut after exhaustion surrounded his mind. Jimin was now resting in the arms of who longed to protect him. In no way did Jimin ever feel odd, nor did he feel uncomfortable. The bond he began to grow with Jungkook was something he never thought was possible. Other creations were limited to many things, but not Jungkook. Jungkook was way different and way better than the rest. At least, that's what Jimin believed.

Moments into Jimin drifting away into his sleep, he was lost in his own thoughts when Jungkook finally began to observe the way Jimin breathed.

"I can count the seconds it takes for you to breathe in, and then breathe out. Very gentle... and very easy to mimic... is this what it's like to be human? It can't be that simple... there's so much more to humans, I could only do so much... I could only know so much," Jungkook whispered and gently patted Jimin's shoulder carefully. "Your breathing; gentle whispers of thin air while you exhale and subtle raises of the shoulders, I want to do the same without having to do it manually; I want to do it as if my life depends on it... as if I truly need it to survive."

Jungkook continued to whisper to himself as his gaze never pulled away from the human before him. Silent those breathings were and gentle was his gaze over the human curled up on his chest, this moment alone caused Jungkook to slowly brush Jimin's hair back and raise a brow. Not even a smile nor a hue of pink in his eyes appeared at the moment. As his stare deepened, his eyes slowly began to take their time focusing on every object in the room before a smirk appeared over his daring face.

"You're an amazing individual... I can't help but to become so fascinated by the way you live a life I can never attain," Jungkook whispered as his eyes shifted to the green tone of mischief the second he looked down to Jimin again. "I want to be like you."

The second Jungkook said that he lowered his body on the mattress and held Jimin against his chest. His dark green eyes never ceased to pull away from the human before him and that alone caused Jimin to jolt in his sleep. But never wake up since he could feel Jungkook underneath him, supplying him with the protection he became desperate to have.

When the sun rose that early morning, the warm ray of the sunlight beamed through the cracks within the curtain and shone onto Jimin's heavy eyelids. With the warm beam hitting his eyes, his charming face quickly frowned as he turned over to hide his eyes from the light as if someone held a flashlight against his almond-shaped eyelids.

However, the second his hands extended out to the empty spot on his bed, his eyelids no longer became heavy and his gaze blew wide open.

"Jungkook?" Jimin whispered to himself as he quickly sat up. His eyes scanned the room with a quick glance only to find a neon pink sticky note slapped onto his nightstand. Curiosity dragged him by his hand and pulled him to the sticky note where he swooped it into his small hand and kept it in his own grasps seconds into discovering it.

"Went home to recharge
See you later!"
-Jeon Jungkook

The sight of the small note left Jimin to smile to himself. He couldn't really pinpoint the second when he began to grin, but what caused it was the thought of Jungkook's warm voice erupting within his own mind the second he read that small note. The soft smile with rosy red hue painted on the apples of his cheeks, was enough to send shivers down his spine; not just any shiver of fright, but a familiar feeling that left Jimin thinking of the one he loved before.

"He's... just a friend..." Jimin blocked out the warm sensation he began to have and rubbed his eyes. "This will go away, it's nothing..." Jimin disregarded all thoughts and finally threw himself back onto the bed, laying on the spot Jungkook remained on. "He's only being friendly..."