Chapter 58: What I've Become

"Fuck... why couldn't I pull his plug from the first time? Why couldn't I save myself from this misery the second he began to speak?!" Hoseok shouted at himself and looked around the cold room while Taehyung made it his mission never to let go and have Hoseok tear down the place. "This... this is all my fault! Isn't it?! I let him become this monster that I can no longer recognize! All because I wanted him to be better than anything out there!"

      "Hoseok, I'm sure that-"

       "No! Don't... don't try to distract me from this, Taehyung!" Hoseok cried and looked to the side of the room where the sticky notes written along those neon colors began to call to his attention right after. There, Hoseok pried the android's hands away from him as he was welcomed with the cold almost instantly. "You can't try to hide the fact that Jungkook... became this way because of Seokjin and I... but most importantly me... I was to blind to see that Jungkook wasn't going to get better!"

     "Hoseok, it's too cold for you, let me keep you warm-"

      "Seokjin could see it... but I couldn't. I just saw a boy who could run this world and become the most loved thing ever but so far, no one knows he exists and he's never been truly loved before. His flaws I gave him every little thing and fed into this behavior... that's why I'm so guilty and why this tends to eat me up at night! I made that abomination laying in bed with the human he only envies!"

       Taehyung stood in place. He knew better not to interrupt and distract the human now, but the best thing he could do was approach the human and stand by his side to keep him warm. With that goal in mind, Taehyung only placed his warm hand along Hoseok's back to soothe his pain, but just then, Hoseok began to choke up in tears.

     "No... n-no, Taehyung please... don't comfort me, I made the biggest mistake in my life," Hoseok cried and finally looked back into the blue eyes of the android. "And now, that thing is going to eventually harm another living soul if I don't stop him now! You were right. How could I have been so blind? I just ruined everything and most importantly... I ruined him. If I didn't love the perfect idea of him so much, I wouldn't have enabled and spoiled him on everything. I'm the reason why he's like this. From the very first moment I locked eyes with him the second he began to function, I just felt as if he needed to work for a long time. I wanted him to be perfect... but I ruined him... and it's all my fault."

     "Hoseok, you can still redeem yourself. Maybe creating him like this was wrong, but you can make things right again and allow Seokjin to take over. This has to be done, just say the word and I will let Seokjin know. Having Jungkook around is dangerous to the people and you know it's true. This unpredictable creation cannot continue to exist."

       Everything Taehyung said was what guided Hoseok to finally come to the conclusion that he needed to let Seokjin take Jungkook away. He thought back at the time Jungkook began to strangle him and tell him how much he didn't love the android, that's when Hoseok knew he failed in creating and guiding the new mind of the android. He began to feel the guilt and finally connected the pieces. He feared finding out the truth this way and wanted to avoid this room but he couldn't do it anymore and Taehyung could see the guilt and fear that weighed him down.

      "Call Seokjin... and tell him to come by Saturday and take Jungkook away. I... I don't think I can fix him anymore, let Seokjin do whatever he wants with that boy, I can't even think of myself working on him to make him better," Hoseok claimed and walked towards the door before leaving Taehyung in the room to contact the powerful man.

       Before Jungkook left Jimin that night, he stood in the shower with his partner. He enjoyed doing this before and was glad that he was able to. There was no way water could get into his system so he was happy to be there with Jimin, sticking to him like glue when they were together.