Chapter 30: Kiss Me

The beat of Jungkook's artificial heart beating underneath Jimin's gentle little hand left the human amazed. He never knew Jungkook had a built in artificial heart and now he noticed that Jungkook's chest moved as if he was truly breathing on his own without having to do it manually. The sight of this left Jimin blushing before he made a soft giggle and shook his head.

      "What is it?" Jungkook asked as he felt Jimin slowly tug his own hand away. "Is it too much?"

     "No! Ah... I just... never knew you had a heartbeat... I know some androids have automatic 'breathing' but for you... you had it but it was never consistent. You look... real... with that heart beating in your chest like that, it feels all too real... where did that come from? I didn't feel it inside you this morning," Jimin curiously asked and watched as Jungkook never shied away from making that charming smile over his gentle lips.

      "I never really had it on before..." Jungkook lied easily and took a glance over at Jimin before keeping his eyes glued onto the road. In which, those eyes never seemed to blink at times and cause the cold shivers to run down the human's spine. "Now I do... I have a reason to... do you like it?"

     "Y-Yes... it's amazing..." Jimin replied and looked out the window to his side to distract himself from blushing too hard while the gentle music continued to grace his ears. At this point, Jungkook did a great job in distracting him from the many things that were pending on dropping over his head.

     Jimin almost came to that specific thought in his head where the dream he had of Yoongi; the dream he had of the android breathing and living before him like a human. It was everything Jimin had ever wanted, alas, it was just a dream. A dream that had no way of becoming reality. But for a split second where he placed his hand over Jungkook's breathing chest to feel the subtle heartbeat underneath the gentle palm of his small hand, he almost wanted to believe it was true.

        After a long ride, they eventually made it to the beach. It was cold and a bit of snow covered where the sand would be, yet, the waves to the ocean were as strong as Jimin remembered them from that bright and lovely day. The second they arrived the sun was beginning to set as it displayed the gorgeous hues of orange and pinks dancing in the sky where the usual blue had no other way to intervene.

      Jimin was a little hesitant, but the second he watched Jungkook step out to explore his curious gaze at this new destination, it was enough to make Jimin follow. He wanted to be part of Jungkook's first time at the beach. As the android became entranced by the sounds of the waves crashing against the cold shore and the charming clash of colors splattered along the sky's canvas, Jimin finally stepped out of the parked car and walked further into the beach where Jungkook was already admiring the view.

      "It's lovely, isn't it?" Jimin asked as he walked to Jungkook's side and kept his own hands within the pockets of his coat. "The sunset is beautiful today..."

     "So this is how it is to be at the beach, hm? It's more than lovely," Jungkook answered as he began to stroll along with the human. "Is it always as beautiful as this? The waves are amazing..."

     "Well, we caught the beach at a perfect moment... right before the moon rises. Yet, the only difference here is that the beach looks even better when it's not cold and snowing," Jimin answered the android and could see a warm cloud escaping his own mouth and cutting through the cold.

      "If it gets too cold, we can always sit in the back of the car and watch the sunset. I've been doing a lot of research and I hear it's lovely. I can just turn on the heater- also, I brought pillows and a blanket for you if you want to take a nap. I assume you like to take plenty of those.... You're like a cat!"