Chapter 64: Visiting Piltover

The next day, I was preparing Eliana's and Viktor Jr.'s lunches for them to take to school as they ate breakfast. After stopping Jiaying, Coulson gave Viktor and me a few weeks off to spend with our family, which we greatly appreciated. Once the kids were done with their meals, I handed them their lunchboxes, giving them a kiss on their heads.  

"Have a great day!" I exclaimed.

"We will!" They both assured me.

As soon as they walked out of the kitchen, Blitzcrank approached me, fiddling with his lanky arms. Whenever he did that, usually that meant he was nervous or unsure of what to do next. I raised an eyebrow. "Blitz? Is everything okay?"

"Uh well, there is someone at the door." Blitzcrank explained.

"Who?" I questioned.

"I am not sure. He knows your name though. I didn't know whether to let him in or not so I slammed the door on him." Blitzcrank explained.

I sighed, shaking my head. "Oh Blitz..."

Blitzcrank hung his hung as he let a disappointed sigh. "Forgive me, mother."

My heart clenched. Oh Blitz. I hated to see him like this. With that in mind, I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's all right, Blitz. There's nothing to apologize for. You're still learning. Now why don't you start clean the lab? And once I'm done, I'll join you." I advised.

Blitzcrank immediately perked up as he nodded vigorously. "Yes, mother!"

With that he scurried off. I then made my way towards the door, opening it to reveal the last person I expected to see. It was Dr. Andrew Garner. What was he doing here?

"Dr. Garner, what a surprise." I greeted.

Andrew wore a smile. "Hello Vega. You aren't going to slam the door on me, are you?"

I grimaced, remembering what Blitzcrank did. I quickly apologized. "No, and I'm terribly sorry for what Blitzcrank did to you. He didn't know any better. But we're teaching him."

"Water under the bridge." He assured me. "You build him?"

"Actually Viktor did." I corrected. "He's helped out with the kids and the chores."

"That's wonderful. You're probably wondering why I'm here. I'm here because Coulson wishes to do an assessment on everyone on his team. And I'd like to discuss everything you've recently gone through." Andrew explained.

"Of course. Come in." I urged.

I led him into one of our living rooms, taking a seat on one of our couches. I wasn't afraid to talk about my experiences anymore. My nightmares from the war were gone and I was fine, better than ever actually.

"Take a seat. Can I get you anything?" I offered.

"Oh no thank you." He replied, sitting in an armchair across from me. "Let's talk about your nightmares."

"They haven't returned. Viktor helped me out of that dark hole." I informed him.

Andrew wore a smile, looking relieved. "That's good, but I'm afraid they may return. You fought in a war against robots, right?"

I nodded, furthering my brows. "Yeah, why?"

"Well, in a way they are similar, very similar. And that might trigger old nightmares and even new ones, especially if negative emotions are attached." He warned.

I grimaced. Great...I thought I was getting better. At that moment, Viktor returned from dropping off the kids at school. He walked in, baffled to see Andrew.