Chapter 6: It Worked

Loki, Viktor, and I all nodded. With that, we then followed Mobius to Pompeii, Italy in the year 79 A.D. on the planet called Earth. Mobius, Loki, Viktor and I hid in an arch, watching the people in the marketplace go about their business. People wore simple tunics and sandals as they wandered about or talked to one another. Some wore gold leaf crowns, while others had their hair pulled back in braids. There were several simple buildings, decorated with some red paint that was fading away. In the marketplace, there was was a cart filled with goats. By the cart, there were baskets filled with fruits, vegetables, bread, and other food. Not far from us stood a huge volcano, which was about to erupt, killing everyone here.

Loki whispered. "Here we go."

"Shh, any minute now." Mobius mentioned.

"Until this entire town is wiped off the planet. Imagine. All that volcanic ash..." Loki commented.

"Why are you so excited about this?" I questioned.

"This is our theory, our idea. Of course I'm excited." Loki argued. 

"Yes, but these people are about to die." Viktor pointed out.

"They're right. We don't want to get too giddy." Mobius advised.

Loki groaned. "Oh, come on. It's cool!"

"No, it is cool, but it's just not good taste, because...well like Viktor said--" Mobius insisted.

"They're all gonna die anyway." Loki blurted out.

I stared at Loki in disbelief. "Do you have a heart?"

"Nope." Loki replied without hesitation, causing me to roll my eyes. "Are you always a killjoy?"

I scoffed. "I am not a killjoy."

"Oh, yes you are." Loki protested. "I bet you are the one to follow all your precious Jedi Order since you were a child." 

Mobius snickered at Loki's words. "Her? Follow the rules? Ha! Not always." 

Loki and Viktor both turned to at me, taken back. I then realized Mobius had seen my entire life, meaning he had seen everything...especially all those times I snuck out of the Jedi Temple when I wasn't supposed to or those times when Anakin and I disobeyed the Council's orders during the Clone Wars because they didn't feel right. Many wondered how I was ever Master Windu's padawan. I let out a nervous chuckle. "I've got no idea what you're talking about, Mobius. Anyways, shouldn't we be focusing on the plan?" 

"Oh right. Hey, listen, I'm gonna watch the TemPad for any variance energy." Mobius informed us.

Loki nodded. "Okay."

"Okay, because we gotta be careful. If you're wrong, and there's a good chance you are, anything we do can create a huge branch." Mobius reminded us.

"Oh Mobius! You make even the end of the world sound boring." Loki mentioned.

"Listen, we're not meant to be here." Mobius scolded. "Okay?"

"Okay." Loki confirmed.

"Anything we do can impact the course of history. Do you get that?" Mobius questioned.

Loki nodded. "Yes."

"So we're gonna start with very small disturbances." Mobius suggested.

"Very small." Loki repeated.

"Can you make bird noises?" Mobius asked.

Loki raised an eyebrow. "Bird noises?"

"Yeah, bird noises. Like some whooshing noises." Mobius explained.