Chapter 23: The First Christmas

~December 25th, 2013~ 

Months went by. December had arrived. It have been five months since Viktor started his treatments. A lot had happened, I got to see visit the Academies of S.H.I.E.L.D, and we continued to have run ins with the Centipede Project. I got to spend time with Eliana, Viktor Jr., the Poro, and Viktor, and it was one of the best weeks I had. How I wish I could've spent more with them...They were everything I wanted in a family...I secretly wanted a family of my own like this as I grew up watching families across the galaxy going to marketplaces or attend a festival or so forth. Regardless of what they did, it warmed my heart. But for the longest time I thought I'd never get that...until now.

I would've continued working, but apparently today was Christmas, which I had learned was like the Solstice Tide or like the Wookiee's celebration of Life Day. Coulson allowed everyone to take the day off. Jemma went home to see her family, Leo returned to visit his mother, while I'm not sure where May and Ward went nor did I know where Coulson or Skye would be. Currently, I was in the kitchen, making dinner for tonight. Godric and Blitzcrank were helping me out, scrambling to make a Christmas dinner. Viktor offered to help us, staying true to his promise, but I assured him that we had it under control, encouraging him to spend time with Viktor Jr. and Eliana. They wanted to open gifts, but I urged them to wait until after dinner. Every now and then, I would peak through to see Viktor with Eliana and Viktor Jr., showing off a mechanical toy that Viktor build in his office. Viktor's eyes lit up as he talked about the toy, which Eliana and Viktor Jr. were thrilled to hear as they sat in front of him with eager eyes.

My heart warmed upon seeing the three of them spending time together. Viktor wore an elegant red long shirt with a white vest, a brown blazer, a black tie, black pants, and polished brown shoes. I was breathless when I saw him dressed fancier than usual. Meanwhile, Viktor Jr. wore an outfit similar to Viktor's outfit, wanting to look just like him, and Eliana wore a red dress. I usually didn't wear dresses, but since it was a special celebration, I decided to go all out, wearing a green dress, black heels, and some makeup. Viktor was taken back when he first saw me, unable to form a sentence. Could it be that he felt the same like I feel for him? I mentally shook my head. No, he's just being nice, that's all it is.

"What do we do with the turkey now?" Godric inquired.

"I imagine it's like the Eopie roast, so shove it in the oven." I suggested.

"For how long?" Blitzcrank questioned.

My eyes widened as I scrambled to find an answer in my head. I never ever cooked before. Why was this so difficult? I then blurted out. "Uh, try thirty minutes, and, um, we'll go from there."

"Very well, mother. In you go, turkey of Christmas!" Blitzcrank exclaimed, throwing the turkey inside the oven.

The kitchen was covered with plates of food such as bread rolls, puddings, cakes, pies, salads, and much more. I think we made way too much...Despite being busy, I was able to get presents for Godric, Viktor, Eliana, Viktor Jr., Heimerdinger, and even Blitzcrank. All of the sudden, there was a knock on the door. I exchanged a look with Godric and Blitzcrank. I raised an eyebrow. "Were we expecting anyone to show up?"

Godric shook his head. "No, I don't think so..."

I walked over towards the living room to see Viktor, Eliana, Heimerdinger, and Viktor Jr. now with Coulson and Skye. They were sitting on the couches near the Christmas tree, which decorations we could find. I was taken back upon seeing Skye and Coulson. They had presents wrapped in colorful paper, which they handed to Eliana and Viktor Jr.

"Merry Christmas, Vega! Godric!" Skye and Coulson exclaimed as they approached me.

After they gave us hugs, I spoke up. "Merry Christmas Skye, Coulson. Not that I'm not happy to see the both of you, but what're you doing here?"