Chapter 54: Finding Loki's Scepter

After saying my goodbyes to Viktor, Ana, Godric, and I took a Quinjet to New York, where the new Avengers tower was, which was once Stark Tower. We had no time to say goodbye to the rest of the team, but Coulson assured us that he'd tell the team where we went. Meanwhile, Viktor took Ahsoka and Jayce home, and I assured I'd be there as soon as this was all over, which I hope was soon. As soon as we arrived at the tower, Maria Hill greeted us. "Nice to see you again, Vega. Coulson told me that you three are the new Avenger recruits. Welcome to the Avenger Tower."

With that, we walked into a lounge, which was rather spacious, containing couches, chairs, a table, and giant glass windows. Sitting on the couches and chairs were Steve, Natasha, Tony, Dr. Bruce Banner a.k.a. Hulk, Clint Barton a.k.a, Hawkeye, Thor, and even Faris. I was taken back. He's an Avenger too? Steve, Natasha, and Tony gave me smiles as soon as they saw us.

"Glad you decided to join us." Tony mentioned.

Faris's eyes lit up. "Vega!"

"You know each other?" Bruce questioned.

"Vega is Faris's sister." Natasha explained, earning a baffled look from Thor, Bruce, and Clint.

"Vega, Godric, Ana, this is Bruce, Clint, and Thor. And, well, you already know the rest." Faris mentioned.

"So you're the new recruits?" Clint inquired.

Godric nodded. "Yep."

"Welcome!" Thor exclaimed as he approached us, giving us handshakes before pulling us into tight bone crushing hugs.

"All right, I hate to break this up, but we have a mission. Strucker's location is in a Hydra Base in the Eastern Europe." Steve began. "We know it will be heavily fortified."

"Thanks to Vega, Godric, Ana, and their S.H.I.E.L.D. team, we found his location. List is also headed there." Hill chimed in.

"There will be several bases on the way to Sokovia, we take out all of them." Tony added.

"All right. Suit up." Steve announced.

•••

We made our way through the forest in Sokovia, which was covered in snow. As we made our way towards the base, we took out several soldiers all around us. Along the way, we took down Hydra bases before reaching Sokovia. Steve and I were on motorcycles, while Clint, Natasha, Ana, Faris, and Godric were in tanks, we took from Hydra, Tony and Thor were flying in the air, and Hulk was trailing behind us, smashing left and right.

"Shit!" Tony cursed into our comms.

"Language!" Steve scolded. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

Tony's A.I., Jarvis's voice rang out. "The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last." Thor mentioned, fighting not far from me.

"At long last is lasting a little long, boys." Natasha quipped.

There were several Hydra soldiers surrounding me. One of the agents rushed towards me. I dodged in time, missing his attack. I then spun around, lifting an arm to hit the side of his jaw, knocking him to the ground covered in snow. I turned around to face the other agents. There were about five more agents all around me. The second agent lunged towards me, holding a knife. As he swung his arm, I blocked the arm with the knife before taking the knife from him, tossing it to the ground.

I extended a hand out, reaching out to the Force, throwing him back against a tree. I then whipped around to face the other agents. There was four more agents left. The third and forth agent both ran towards me at the same time. I dodged the man, missing his punch by centimeters. I then turned to face the fifth agent. He carried a rifle that I had never seen Hydra use. No doubt they had help from the scepter. I took out one of my lightsabers, igniting the blue blade. The agent then fired away. Several blasts came in my direction, but I quickly swung my lightsaber, deflecting all of them before using the Force, hurling him against the ground. I then whipped around, prepared to deal with the last two. But when I turned around, they were both on the ground, and Godric and Ana stood in front of me.