Chapter 51: Afterlife

"I didn't realize there were more of you. I'm Gordon." He mentioned.

"You can see?" I questioned.

"Not the way you do, but I can see you are afraid. But you don't need to be. Not with me." Gordon assured us.

"And who are you exactly?" Viktor asked.

"I'm like you. And I've come here as a friend. I can't imagine how it must've felt to go through your transformations without any understanding of what to expect. I had years to prepare. And still." Gordon mentioned, letting out a chuckle. "I was horrified by what I became. Granted, I was younger. May I sit?"

So he wasn't Force-sensitive, but he was gifted. And he understood what we were going through? Gordon then pointed towards the couch. I nodded. Gordon gave me a smile before sitting down, letting out a sigh. He grimaced. "This couch is very uncomfortable."

"I wish you wouldn't stare." Gordon added, noticing how Skye and Viktor kept their eyes on him.

"Uh..." Skye trailed off.

Viktor looked horrified, feeling guilty. "Oh dear..."

Gordon wore a smile as he raised a hand. "Th-that was a joke. I'm not very good at them. I don't mind that you're curious, honestly. And, yes, I used to have eyes. They were blue. This...This was the obvious change for me, I see you had obvious change too, Vega."

Gordon then motioned to my ears before continuing. "But what happens inside can be just as profound. You see, the mist changes everyone differently. The real difference between the four of us is what happened after we went through the mist."

"What do you mean?" Skye inquired.

"I knew from an early age how special I was...had a mentor, a guide of sorts. And the first thing she did after I transformed was embrace me." Gordon explained. "Tell me, what was the first thing that S.H.I.E.L.D. did to you?"

I grimaced as Viktor, Skye, and I exchanged looks. Immediately, I spoke up. "Can you blame them? They have no experience in this."

"But they've have experience in how they deal with people like us, people with gifts. What does it feel like...your gifts?" Gordon inquired, changing the subject.

"I don't know. Um...It's intense." Skye mentioned, letting out a sigh. "Like 1,000 bees are trapped inside of me. And I feel it all the time. It's always there. And I can't stop it."

Gordon tilted his head. "Why would you want to stop it?"

"Because I destroy everything around me." Skye clarified.

"That is simply not true. Every object in this universe gives off a vibration. Did you know that? Nothing rests...animals, trees, people, even this ratty couch. And you...you have the ability to tap into those vibrations." Gordon explained as he stood up. He then looked over at Viktor and me. "And you two?"

"I interact with machines and anything electric." Viktor mentioned.

"And I...I can hear voices from far and my body changes colors though there were two times when I turned invisible." I commented.

"That's all amazing. Don't you see? You could all become magnificent." Gordon commented. "But something's inhibiting you, constraining your energy."

"Uh, no. No, no. My, um...my friend's a scientist. She made these to protect me." Skye corrected.

"Or do they protect people from you?" Gordon retorted.