Chapter 14: He Who Remains

"What will you do once this is all over?" Viktor asked, snapping me out of thoughts.

I shrugged. "...Don't know, I can't go back to my timeline though...apparently the TVA pruned it. What about you?"

"I don't know either. I wanted to go back to my timeline as well. There's so much for me to do, but like you said, the TVA pruned my timeline as well. So there's nothing for me to go back to. I Jayce, he was like my brother. And now it's all gone." Viktor revealed.

This time, I dared to touch him. I slowly extended out a hand out towards one of his hands so he'd know that he wasn't alone this time. I felt his hand tense up, and immediately, I was prepared to pull my hand away. However, before I could do such a thing, Viktor's fingers intertwined with mine, making my heart flutter.

"Perhaps...I, uh, if it's all right with you, we could figure it out together." Viktor suggested.

"I'd love that." I assured him.

We then sat there next to each other as we looked up at the cloudy sky. Once morning arose, if it even was morning, since it was hard to tell with the constant clouds in the sky. Mobius, Sylvie, and I all stood by a hill, near where Alioth would be. A purple cloud was in the sky engulfed in lighting.

"Okay, so what's the next move?" Mobius inquired.

"The TVA needs to be brought down." Sylvie mentioned. "We don't know who created it or where they are, but that thing out there does. When it hit me earlier, I linked to it. It was brief, but I caught a glimpse of something, and I think if I can get close enough to it, I can enchant it and Faris and Vega will help me."

"I also saw something when I made a connection with him." I chimed in. "There's definitely something he's guarding."

"So it's gonna take us to whoever's behind all of this." Sylvie commented.

She then handed Loki a TemPad. Loki took one look at it before glancing over at Sylvie. "I'm staying."

"Loki, we don't know if this is gonna work." Sylvie warned him.

"You go, I go." Loki protested.

Viktor then turned towards me. "I'm staying as well. Remember what we said?"

I nodded. "Of course. We'll figure this out, together. This will be dangerous though."

"Well, I've been though worse." Viktor admitted.

Loki handed Mobius the TemPad. Kid Loki then pointed to an area not far from us.

"I'll send your regards to Renslayer." Mobius quipped.

Sylvie rolled her eyes. "Oh, please do."

"You all want a ticket out of here?" Mobius inquired, turning to face the Vega and Loki Variants.

"What? No, we're staying here." Kid Loki protested.

"This is our home." The older Loki confirmed.

The alligator Loki growled, agreeing with them. Loki raised an eyebrow, baffled. "Are you sure?What about Alioth?"

"We've survived this long. We know what we're doing." The older Loki assured him.

"Loki, you're gonna need this for your journey." Kid Loki said.

From his hand emerged a gold sword. He then extended it out towards Loki. "Go on."

Loki took the sword in awe. With his powers, a backpack appeared on his back, placing his new sword there. Mobius glanced over at the Vega Variants. "How about you, Vegas?"