Chapter 3: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Loki and Viktor glanced over at me, both taken back, but I remained silent. Fortunately, Mobius then changed the subject. "I got a set of questions for you. You answer them honestly, and then maybe I can give you something you want. You wanna get out of here, right? Yeah, so we'll start there. Should you return, what are you gonna do?"

"Finish what I started." Loki answered. 

Mobius raised an eyebrow as he picked up a stylus, prepared to write his answers on his papers. "Which is?"

"Claim my throne." Loki explained.

"You want to be king?" Mobius inquired.

"I don't want to be, I was born to be." Loki corrected.

"I know. But king of what exactly?" Mobius asked.

Loki scoffed. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me." Mobius urged.

"Midgard." Loki replied.

"A.K.A. Earth." Mobius responded. He then looked over at me. "And what would you do if you could return?"

"I would confront Palpatine regarding how the clones, my troops and friends turn against us." I informed him.

"The Chancellor? I don't mean to spoil anything...but you end up dying without ever knowing this, so I'll tell you this, that man is the Sith Lord everyone in the Jedi Order was looking for. He's Dooku's Master if you will." Mobius revealed.

My heart clenched. If he's telling the truth, then I won't be able to fight him on my own. But I won't give in. Justice needs to be served, he must pay for his crimes. If only I could go back. I balled up my hands into fists, trying to control myself and my emotions. Mobius immediately noticed that my sudden change in mood, so he looked back at Viktor.

"And how about you, Viktor?" Mobius inquired. "What would you do?"

Viktor looked taken back as his amber eyes widened. "Well, I would continue on our experiments with Hextech. We've just begun to improve lives, but there's so much more we can do."

"We?" Mobius repeated.

"Yes, Jayce and me..." Viktor began. 

Mobius nodded. "Right, you and Jayce Talis. You helped him when no one believed his inventions would work." 

I was amazed by Mobius's words. He sounded kind and generous. How did Loki cross paths with him? Viktor stared at Mobius baffled. Mobius then clarified. "We know everything about you, Viktor. So let's say you finished these experiments? What then? You finally relax? Happily ever after?"

Viktor shrugged. "I...I don't know, I've never given that much thought. Perhaps continue making more gadgets to help improve more lives." 

"Or maybe you'd like to return to the undercity, huh? Piltover hasn't always been so kind to you, has it?" Mobius inquired.

I watched as Viktor clenched his hand, the one around his cane. He narrowed his golden eyes. "...I don't know what you're talking about." 

"I see...All right, I'll get back to you then later, when you want to talk. So, Loki, now you're King of Midgard, then what? Happily ever after?" Mobius questioned, returning to Loki.

"Asgard. The Nine Realms." Loki mentioned.

"And what about space?" Mobius inquired, breaking our argument.

"Space?" Loki repeated, looking baffled.

"Space is big. That'd be a nice feather in your cap. Loki, the King of Space." Mobius offered.