Chapter 17: S.H.I.E.L.D.

~August, 2013~

There was so much I wanted to tell Faris, like he was right about the universe not being black and white, but now he's gone...I climbed up to my feet. Remembering that we all fell together, I spun around to face Viktor, Godric, the Poro, Heimerdinger, little Vega, and little Viktor, who were all on the ground.

"Are you all right?" I questioned.

"Yeah, we're all fine." Viktor answered.

"Uh, we aren't alone." Godric informed us.

I turned around to see what Godric had meant. Standing not far from us was a woman with long brown hair, brown eyes, a man with short dark hair, brown eyes with a black jacket, holding a pistol, another man with short curly hair, and a woman with long brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, wearing gloves. All of them looked at us, baffled. There were also several droids in the air around them and us. I looked around to find ourselves in a temple. Where were we? Better yet, what timeline did we fall into? I looked behind us to see a device on the wall. The man with the black jacket, raised his pistol towards us. "Who the hell are you guys?"

Viktor raised a hand, while the other rested around his cane. We can't say the truth, they'll never believe us, which means we can't say that the kids are variants of us. The little Vega must've thought the same thing as me as I heard her voice in my head. "Don't worry, I got this."

Before I could ask what she had in mind as she blurted out. "I am Eliana, this is my brother, Viktor, these are our parents, Viktor and Vega, that's uh, our pet, and that's our uncle, Godric."

At her words, my eyes widened. I mentally cursed. I should've known it wasn't anything good from the mischievous glint in her eyes. My heart skipped at the thought of being Viktor's wife. I mentally shook my head. No, stop, there's other matters we need to focus on. Besides Viktor only sees me as a friend. Viktor looked over at me, stunned. I wore a sheepish smile as I shrugged, silently urging him to follow along with little Vega's lie. Viktor seemed to understand as he gave me a small nod before turning back to look at the strangers.

"Uh, who are all you?" Viktor asked.

The woman with long brown hair spoke up. "I am Skye, this is Grant Ward, that's Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz."

The man named Ward glared at Skye. "Why did you tell them our names?"

"Uh, 'cause he asked." Skye retorted.

"They could be dangerous." Ward protested.

"Or they could just be an innocent family, who accidentally got caught in the crossfire." Skye rebuked.

I cracked a smile. I like Skye. It's nice to have someone on our side. Ward scoffed, keeping his pistol pointed at us. "If they were truly innocent, they wouldn't have weapons with them."

He then motioned to Godric's, little Vega or should I say Eliana's, and my belt. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Why don't you try and use that pistol on me. Let's see how effective it will be."

Ward raised an eyebrow. "Is that a challenge?"

"Perhaps it is." I retorted.

All of the sudden, the entire place violently shook about. Ward gave us one last look before lowering his pistol. He then turned towards his friends. "Sounds like they're engaging rebels. They're coming for it. Let's move!"

Ward then turned towards us. "You're all coming with us."

"Oh the joy." Godric retorted.

Viktor tried helping to help put away the droids, but Leo violently shook his head. "No, no, no."