Chapter 57: Clint's Family

Once we returned to the Quinjet, we saw everyone else, except for Tony, Godric, Clint, and me shaken up. Clint flew the Quinjet, while Tony and I contacted Hill from the communication system. Hill's face appeared on the screen in a heartbeat.  

"The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is. There's been no official call for Banner's arrest, but it's in the air." Hill informed us.

"Stark Relief Foundation?" Tony asked.

"Already on the scene." Hill assured him. "How's the team?"

"Everyone's..." Tony trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"We took a hit." I chimed in, finishing his sentence.

"We'll shake it off." Tony assured her.

"Well for now I'd stay in stealth mode, and stay away from here." Hill advised.

My heart clenched. She's asking us to hide? But we can't do that, not with Ultron and the Maximoff twins still out there. Tony had the same thought in mind as he responded. "So, run and hide?"

"Until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Hill revealed.

"Neither do we." Tony replied, letting out a sigh.

Tony then ended the call, switching off the monitor. Tony then turned towards Barton, who was still flying the Quinjet. He then spoke up. "Hey, you wanna switch out?"

"No, I'm good. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time, cause we're still a few hours out." Clint suggested.

I raised an eyebrow. "A few hours from where?"

"A safe house." Clint informed us.

A safe house sounded like a good idea. As much as I hated to admit, we were in no shape to face Ultron. I turned towards Viktor, who remained silent. I slipped a hand in Viktor's to let him know that I'm here for him. Viktor didn't say a word, but I knew he appreciated me sitting by his side as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. Hours went by and we arrived, landing outside a large farmhouse. We made our towards the house, baffled.

"What is this place?" Thor asked.

"A safe house?" Tony inquired.

"Let's hope." Clint mentioned.

With that, we all enter the house to find pictures hung in the hallway of kids. There were even pictures of the kids, a woman, and Clint, all smiling. We then made our way towards the kitchen, where I saw toys scattered on the ground, and drawings on the fridge. As I looked around, I realized that this wasn't a safe home, this was an actual home. Clint has a secret family we didn't know about. Clint then called out. "Honey, I'm home."

A heavily pregnant woman appeared with long brown hair, fair skin, and brown eyes, holding art supplies. She was taken back to see him.Clint wore a sheepish smile. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead."

"Hey." The woman greeted.

We then watched as Laura kissed Clint, baffling us. Tony looked over at us in disbelief. "This is an agent of some kind."

Clint then turned to face us. "Gentlemen, ladies, this is Laura."

"I know all your names." Laura commented. She looked over Godric, Ana, Viktor, and me. "Clint told me a bit about you all, too."

We all looked at her awkwardly, unsure of what to say. Meanwhile, Tony and Viktor raised their hands, giving Laura a small wave. Two children then came in, a boy and a girl. Immediately, Clint extended out his arms with a smile on his face. I later learned that their names are Lila and Cooper.