Chapter 43: The Wedding

After spending some time in the lab, helping out Viktor, the two of us spent time with the kids. Not long after, Trip had left, saying goodbye to us all with a huge grin on his face. Once the evening arrived, Viktor and I had a special night planned out. Natasha had offered to help Blitzcrank watch over the kids, while we were gone.  

First, we went to the concert with tickets that Audrey gave me for helping save her life along with the rest of the team. I remember when Padmé invited Anakin, Ahsoka, and me to the Coruscant opera. The entire time, Anakin, Ahsoka, and I were joking around, making faces. Padmé shook her head, urging us to behave though we could see her smiling. I looked over to see fascination written across Viktor's face. A huge smile was written on his face. I couldn't help smile, it warmed my heart to see him so happy. Viktor's gift remained in my purse, carefully wrapped. I decided to hold off on giving him the gift until dinner. Once we went to dinner, we arrived at a rather fancy restaurant.

I wasn't sure why, but Viktor was nervous. I could see it written across his face and I could feel it radiating off of him. Why was he so anxious? There were times, when he couldn't look me in the eye. Did something happen to him? Was it work? Did he get cancer again? My heart clenched. Stop it, Vega. If it was important, he'd tell me. Whatever it is, I need to give him space. He will tell me in his own time. Maybe I could take his mind off of what was bothering him. With that in mind, I took out his present, wrapped up. The moment Viktor saw the present, he furrowed his brows.

"What is this?" Viktor asked.

"Oh, it's just a little something I know I know you'll love." I mentioned. "Open it."

Curious, Viktor took the box from me, and opened it up, revealing the boat that I had turned into a record player. Viktor stared at it in awe. Immediately, I spoke up. "It can be plugged in or you can put batteries in, so you can take it anywhere you want to go. There's a compartment in the side, where you can store records."

Viktor's amber eyes widened as he looked up at me. "But why?"

"Can't I simply give you a gift because I wish to? Because I want to spoil my boyfriend?" I questioned, using Viktor's own words against him.

He let out a chuckle, which sounded like music to my ears. "Thank you, my dear. I love this very much. I shall cherish it."

"I know." I confirmed.

I noticed he was a little more relaxed throughout dinner, but once we left, and returned to the car, the nerves returned. I glanced over at him, worried. Immediately, I spoke up. "Should we return home?"

"No!" Viktor blurted out, baffling me. He quickly fixed his composure as he cleared his throat. "Forgive me, I...uh, mean that we should continue on with our night."

"All right, if you're so sure. Then where to next, my love?" I questioned.

"The beach." Viktor answered. "I have a blanket in the back we can use."

The beach? Sounds like he had this prepared. But without questioning it, I made our way to the beach. Once we parked, Viktor took out a blanket from the car, and we made our way towards the beach with our hands intertwined. The sand was cool. I can't remember the last time I was at a beach to relax and enjoy the moment. Usually, I would be on a battle such as or a mission like the time I went to Spira, which was known for its beautiful and golden beaches or Sriluur with its copper coast. As soon as Viktor laid down the blanket on the sand, he placed his new record player on the edge of the blanket. Before he could sit down, I stopped him, grabbing his hand.

"Why don't we dance?" I suggested.

I watched as his golden eyes widened. He then hesitated as he lowered his gaze. "Oh, no, I don't think that would be a good idea. You see...I've never danced and I'm afraid that I won't be a good dance partner for you."