Chapter 42: Time Off

~September 21st, 2014~

Months had gone by since we arrived at the Playground. Viktor Jr. was now ten, while Eliana turned eleven. It took a while for the two to adjust to the new school, however they both had friends, and we happy, which was a relief. Viktor continued to work for Stark Industries like I did, however, in secrecy, he began to help out S.H.I.E.L.D. with certain inventions we needed, gadgets, machines, and nonlethal weapons. Coulson made him an official agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., giving him a lanyard. Viktor became friends with everyone, but he was close to Leo and Alphonso Mackenzie, who we called Mack. We also met Pepper, just like Tony had said, and immediately, we got along.

Coulson began to have strange episodes that caused him to carve strange symbols I had never seen before. May and I recorded it all for him. Coulson would travel around the world, recruiting people for S.H.I.E.L.D. like the mercenaries Lance Hunter and Idaho. We found people who were still a part of S.H.I.E.L.D. such as Isabella Hartley and Mack. I immediately clicked with Mack, becoming good friends. I respected Hartley, but with Idaho and Hunter I was indifferent. I had my fair share of mercenaries in my past, and I knew they only cared about was money. I met Billy's brother, Sam, who was excited to hear about my home galaxy and all my stories.

I discovered they had an older sister L.T. and another brother, Thurston, who was the only one in the family who wasn't a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Jemma went undercover at Hydra, Leo was May trained Skye, while I continued to train Ana, Trip became an official member of the team, Ward was imprisoned in a cell within the base. For some strange reason, Ward would only speak to Skye and me. I didn't understand why he would talk with me. I understood why he'd speak to Skye as he loves her, but me? Why me and why not the others on the team? The team didn't know that Jemma was undercover, only Coulson, May, and me knew. S.H.I.E.L.D. was still seen as a terrorist organization, so we worked in the shadows. Raina remained in the shadows, while Ian Quinn disappeared. Leo slowly began to heal from his injuries, but he was still struggling with his work. However, I refused to treat him any different than before, knowing he wasn't anything less. After Jemma left, Leo would shut himself out, isolating himself. Mack and I would do our best to get Leo to open up. While dealing with Creel, we found Leo with a file of Creel, and together, the three of us found a way to stop Creel, finding him with the help of Raina, who didn't want the Obelisk. What made me happy was Leo finally didn't push us away, and we quickly learned what he was trying to say, when he couldn't finish his sentences.

Mack, Godric, and I helped Leo out with the cloaking technology for the Bus and Quinjets. We went through strange missions, trying to find an 0-4-8 object called the Obelisk, which was taken by a man named Carl Creel, known as the absorbing man for his powers, able to draw in the properties of anything he touches. What was strange was the Obelisk had the same symbols that Coulson was carving. He was working for Hydra, and killing Idaho. That's when my perspective on Hunter changed as he truly cared for Hartley, who he met through his psychotic ex-wife as he put it. We protected Talbot when Creel was sent to attack him, which I wasn't to happy with, since I didn't like Talbot, but I remained silent. Not long after, we infiltrated the base, getting the Obelisk, but it killed Hartley, and Creel ended up taking the Obelisk, and fleeing the scene. However, we managed to take back a Quinjet from the base, which would help with the cloaking technology.

We discovered that an agent that was working for S.H.I.E.L.D. was found trapped inside Hydra and brainwashed. We found Donnie Gill, a student at the S.H.I.E.L.D. Academy of Science and Technology, whose invention got out of hand, giving him ice powers, in Morocco on a ship called The Maribel Del Mar. Meanwhile, Ana and Skye were in charge of trying to translate the symbols that Coulson carved, which were the same ones Garrett had created before he was killed, but they found nothing as of yet. We managed to neutralize him, causing Gill to sink into the ocean. Along the way, we ran into Jemma there, who was still undercover, but she kept her cover intact. We had managed to confiscated all of Hydra cargo before leaving the sight. May helped me with my emotions and to have a better handle of them. I also brushed up on my skills with knives and rifles, knowing I wouldn't always rely on my lightsabers...and also to avoid using my lightsabers out in the open, so people wouldn't suspect that I was actually from another planet.