Chapter 20: He's Asgardian

Suddenly, I was back in the Citadel, trapped in a containment force field. An EV-series medical droid stood next to me, raising her arm, revealing the needle. She immediately pierced my side. I felt immense pain coarse through my body. I let out a scream of agony as the pain intensified.

"You're growing weak. You decide when the pain stops. All you need to do is give me the information." She suggested, though it sounded more like a threat.

I narrowed my eyes at the droid. "I'll never give you the intel."

"We'll see about that." She retorted.

The droid then spun around, motioning to someone or something. The scenery then changed to a tower on that strange planet, Mortis with chains wrapped around my wrists. I violently moved around, trying to get out, but it was no use. I was stuck here. All of the sudden, a man appeared, wearing a hood, hiding his fact.

"You poor thing, all alone." He croaked out.

"I'm not alone. My friends are coming back for me." I retorted.

"Oh, you don't know?" He inquired.

"Know what?" I repeated, getting annoyed.

"They left you. They returned for your friend, the Togruta...then they left." He mentioned.

My eyes widened in horror. Immediately, I shook my head. No, no, they wouldn't leave me. They wouldn't do that. I was then on a battlefield with clone troopers all around me. I spun around to see Jor Drakas, a fellow Jedi Knight get stabbed by one of Dooku's acolytes, Sev'rance Tann, a female Chiss. I fell to my knees, horrified as I screamed out. "No!"

"Hey, Vega."

A voice rang out, snapping me back to reality. I looked over to see it was Godric, gently placed a shoulder. I let out a gasp as my eyes snapped up at him. I took a step back, frightened. Godric raised a hand up in the air.

"Hey, it's all right." He assured me. He then placed a hand on his ear. "Something's wrong with Vega."

Reluctantly, I allowed Godric to help me up and out of the catacombs. Once we returned to the Bus, Ward and I were both taken to the lab to be inspected. I discovered that Elliot was in the same room Viktor, Godric, Viktor Jr., Eliana, the Poro, and I were in when we were first here on the Bus. Jemma and Leo asked Ward and me several questions, which wasn't long as Ward snapped. "We need to find the staff."

"What exactly do you remember?" Leo questioned.

"Something I hadn't thought about in a long time." Ward replied.

I felt the rage lingering within me. I clenched my fists as I felt my body tremble. Godric looked over at me. "What about you, Vega? What did you see?"

I lowered my gaze as I responded. "...Memories that I never wanted to remember again."

"Why don't we leave it alone?" Skye suggested.

As they continued talking amongst themselves, Ward gave them a warning look. "Quiet. I want to hear this."

Reluctantly, they all closed their mouths. He then pressed a datapad, turning the volume up so we could hear Coulson interrogating Elliot. Apparently Elliot wanted to be the first to study the staff, to show people that the Berserkers were actually here, but I didn't buy it. However, Jemma turned off the hologram. I could feel Ward's rage growing as he spun around to face Jemma. "What are you doing?"

"Your heart's rising. Adrenaline's spiking." Jemma mentioned. "You need to calm down. Not get worked up."

Ward sighed. I took in a deep breath, reaching out to the Force to calm myself down. But it didn't help that I was feeling Ward's rage as well. It made things worse...