Chapter 11: Time Loop

That's it...our only way off this place was destroyed. After what felt like minutes, Viktor extended out a hand out towards me, while his other hand leaned against his cane.

"Come on. Let's get out of here." Viktor advised.

I merely nodded as I took his hand, allowing him to help me up. As soon as our hands touched, I felt a spark as soon as our hands. I did my best to ignore the feeling as I climbed up onto my feet. Godric and Heimderdinger trailed behind us in silence. Once we were out of the city, it wasn't long until everything was engulfed in flames. We made our way towards a junkyard, where Sylvie and Faris were, sitting on a piece of junk right in front of a small lake. All of us sat down next to them as more meteorites flew around us.

"I'm sorry." Loki admitted.

"I remember Asgard. Not much, but I remember. My home, my people, my life. The universe wants to break free, so it manifests chaos. Like me being born the Goddess of Mischief. And as soon as that created a big enough detour from the Sacred Timeline, the TVA showed up, erased my reality, and took me prisoner. I was just a child. I escaped. Stole a TemPad and I ran for a long time, which really sucked. Everywhere and every-when I went, it caused a nexus event." Sylvie revealed. "Sent up a smoke flare. Because I'm not supposed to exist. Until, eventually, I figured out where to hide. And that's where I grew up, the ends of a thousand worlds...Along the way, I found Faris, who worked for the TVA. And now...that's where I'll die. Not long now."

I grimaced. That sounds like an awful life...I couldn't help but feel bad for her. The TVA truly screwed her over. We then fell silent as we watched the planet heading closer for us. Debris from the planet flew around, hurling for us. So this is it...This is how I'm gonna die. Never in a million years did I think this would be how I would die. It's foolish to think the TVA could dictate and determine everyone's future. It was impossible. At that moment, Sylvie then spoke up. "Do you think that what makes a Loki a Loki is that we're destined to lose?"

"No. We may lose. Sometimes painfully. But we don't die. We survive. I mean you did. You were just a child, when the TVA took you, but you nearly took down the organization that claims to govern the order of time. You did it on your own." Loki pointed out. "You ran rings around them. You're amazing!"

"Loki's right. You should be proud of all you accomplished. You were just a kid, all alone. And yet you were able to deal a blow to the TVA, all while avoiding them." I chimed in.

Sylvie cracked a smile, looking grateful for my words. At that moment, two giant meteors hit the edge of the junkyard, causing a huge explosion that headed towards us. I glanced over at Faris, who turned to look at me. Knowing we were about to die, I blurted out. "Faris, had we escaped off this moon, I would've helped you."

Faris looked taken back upon hearing my words, but he remained silent, so I continued. "I would've helped you take down the TVA and gone back to our home galaxy to stop Palpatine. So we'd save our people, our family, friends, and everyone else."

A smile appeared on his face. "Maybe you aren't so bad after all, Vega."

I cracked a smile at his words. "Right back at you, Faris."

I then looked over at Viktor with fear written all over my face. Viktor looked back at me with a gentle smile on his face. Instantly my worries were gone, washed away by a simple look from him. I interlaced my fingers with his as I kept my gaze on him. His smile widened as he gave my hand a gentle squeeze. I then leaned towards him, pulling him into a hug before wrapping my arms around him. I felt him tense up. I froze, immediately fearing that I overstepped. But after a few seconds, that thought had vanished as I felt his arms around me. I then shut my eyes, prepared for what would come next...but it never did.