127

At the same time Su Mu, Gu Yunzhou and Ye Qingfeng were fooling around together, Shi Ran was having an audience with Shi Qingshuang.

Shi Qingshuang, who was dressed in men's clothing, saw Shi Ran and immediately knelt down and said, "Paying respects to Your Majesty."

Shi Ran nodded and asked, "How is the Wu Kingdom?"

Originally in Shi Ran's plan, Shi Qingshuang was to be sent to Su Mu for peace marriage, but then he regretted it and sent Shi Qingshuang to the Wu Kingdom.

Shi Qingshuang said with a cold expression: "Sun Hongyu has more cards up his sleeves than we thought. Sun Hongyi has already lost. Now that Sun Hongyu has ascended the throne, the 150,000 army of the Wu Kingdom is on its way to the Qing Kingdom, still with Sun Haoran leading the army."

What irony, Su Mu originally borrowed 150,000 troops from the Wu Kingdom, and Sun Haoran was also the general. Moreover, it was very likely that most of these soldiers were the same ones that came to help the Qing Kingdom overcome its civil strife.

Because of their familiarity with the terrain of the Qing Kingdom, the armed forces of the Wu Kingdom actually had an advantage over the armed forces of the Shi Kingdom.

Shi Ran frowned and said, "When will our army arrive?"

Shi Qingshuang frowned slightly, and hesitated: "Our marching route was cut off by the flood. Now we can only recuperate and build ships in Pei City. I am afraid it will take some time to reach the Qing Kingdom."

Because the disaster was a man-made one, this flood was not comparable to a natural disaster in the end, but even so the loss to the Shi Kingdom was still very terrifying.

Because of the fertile land downstream the Gu River, since ancient times there had been no lack of human presence. The Gu River on the plain had long been covered by soil and crops. As the mouth to the sea could not be found, the water of the Xijiang River could only accumulate silt on this large plain day after day. The few small surrounding rivers could not relieve the pressure of such a large amount of flood water at all.

With the delay of time, the Shi Kingdom's losses would only increase, its future not optimistic at all.

Shi Ran sat on the chair with a headache, and said after a moment of silence: "Change the strategy, give up attacking the Qing Kingdom. We must release the flood water first."

This was the right decision. Shi Qingshuang did not have any surprise on her face.

At this moment, Shi Ran and Shi Qingshuang suddenly turned their heads to look outside the house. The flapping sound of the nightingale being frightened away could be heard, causing Shi Qingshuang to immediately be on guard, "The people of Qing Kingdom have pursued over, Your Majesty, please leave quickly."

Shi Ran nodded calmly, and immediately left under the protection of his guards.

At the same time, Xia Chengjun, who was ordered by Shi Ran to bring Su Mu, was killed by Gu Yunzhou.

Seeing Gu Yunzhou, whose clothes were stained with some dust, walk inside, Su Mu immediately turned his head with a cold snort. Ye Qingfeng, who was still lying on the bed, immediately pressed down Su Mu and kissed him deeply.

There was the sound of rushing footsteps, and Liu Xi hurriedly pushed open the door, coming face to face with a scene that made his expression go dark.

"Paying respects to Your Highness." Liu Xi said stiffly.

Su Mu gritted his teeth and pushed Ye Qingfeng away, giving him a warning look. In fact, he wanted to give him a good kick, but.....

"Rise." Su Mu's voice sounded in the room.