53

Su Mu walked out of the study. The flowers blooming in the night attracted him with their fragrance. Under the soft moonlight Su Mu's handsome face looked perfect and ethereal.

Suddenly, the lonely sound of a flute reached Su Mu's ears. Although Su Mu was not proficient in music, he could hear the sadness and loneliness conveyed in the notes of the flute. He waved his hand and dismissed the servants following him before walking through the gardens to the source of the flute.

The clear pond water, the silver-white rockery, the tender green lotus leaves rolling with dew droplets, the lustrous green grass and colorful flowers in full bloom along the edges of the shore——while lovely, all of this finely crafted scenery seem to pale in comparison to the alluring man among the flowers.

Snow-white skin, bright red lips, long eyelashes like two trembling butterfly wings, and smooth black hair like the finest silk. Dressed in a thin and close-fitting silk robe, Liu Xi sat playing the jade flute in the bed of flowers, appearing like a fairy or demon spirit who had specially come out in the middle of the night to seduce men.

From the moment he stepped into the garden, Su Mu's footsteps unconsciously slowed down. He listened to the flute melody and slowly walked along the cobblestone path. Su Mu's footsteps stopped by the small pond and looked up at the sky. As he looked up at the beautiful full moon a rare feeling of melancholy overcame him at that moment.

Poems such as "Raising my head I see the moon so bright, dropping my head I think of the home of old days" appeared in his mind. Although he was not very happy in the modern world, he was at least free and at ease. But here he not only had to always beware of dangers on his own life but also worry about this country that was on the brink of destruction. Although this was his own choice, he sometimes also felt tired.

Su Mu did not walk into Liu Xi's field of vision, nor did he make a sound to interrupt the other. The sound of the flute telling of longing lingered in the garden. Su Mu found a stone bench and sat down to clear all of his thoughts, staring at the moon in a daze.

Don't know how long he had been staring at the moon but it wasn't until it had slipped down the treetops did Su Mu come back to his senses. He also noticed that the sound of the flute had also stopped. Liu Xi's charming eyes were currently looking across the pond water and gazing at him affectionately.

The meaning expressed in those eyes was too obvious and Su Mu turned away uncomfortably. His right hand rubbed the tip of his nose with some embarrassment and he said, "It's late, go back and rest."

After finishing talking, he hurriedly suppressed the throbbing in his heart and turned to walk out of the garden. Su Mu knew that he didn't have much morals, but at least there was still a little bit left. He didn't want to throw them all away completely.

"Your Highness."

The low and magnetic voice made Su Mu's whole body go numb, and he almost stopped and went back to "bully" the other. Calming himself and swallowing his saliva, Su Mu practically ran out of the garden.

Seeing the Crown Prince "eagerly" leaving, Liu Xi squeezed the jade flute in his hand and gritted his teeth, also rushing out of the bed of flowers. At worst he would lie down in the bed for a few days afterwards. All the eyesores in the palace were not by the Crown Prince's side, and if he did not take action now then there would be no chance in the future.

When he was walking by a bunch of green bamboos, Su Mu suddenly felt that his waist was tightly hugged by two arms, Liu Xi's seductive voice which sounded as if it had been soaked in aphrodisiac spoke into Su Mu's ears.

"Your Highness, don't go."

In the evenings, Su Mu usually wore thin and comfortable clothes, so now he could clearly feel Liu Xi's hot body pressed up against his own.