29

Shi Yan drove the carriage to a stop at the front of the city gates.

The soldiers felt even more cheered when seeing Shi Yan's high quality clothes: "Where are you from? Do you have travel documents?"

Shi Yan took out a thin piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to the soldier.

The soldier took the paper and glanced at it saying: "Fifteen people, two taels each, thirty taels in total."

Shi Yan looked at him coldly and said: "The law of the Qing kingdom clearly stipulates that the fee for entering the city is ten coins per person."

The soldier snorted and said: "Our Jinyang City also expressly stipulates that the entrance fee is two taels per person, not one cent less."

"You are defying the laws of this kingdom." Shi Yan was also a person born into a poor family so he especially hated this kind of bullying.

The soldiers gathered around laughed and said: "We have only our Prince's law and no kimgdom's law. The Prince's orders are the law. If you want to go in, you have to pay for it, or get out of here, don't be being an eyesore......"

With a flash of cold light, the sharp blade came out of the sheath, and a blood stain appeared on the necks of each of the soldiers in the blink of an eye.

After realizing what happened, the soldiers hurriedly drew out their sabers in a cold sweat and stood a distance away, pointing and cursing fiercely: "Fuck, you don't want to live anymore, this is Jinyang City."

Shi Yan snorted and didn't even look at them as he drove the carriage into the city.

These soldiers were not completely brainless, at least they did not charge forward towards death, but rushed back to bring more soldiers.

In Jinyang City, Su Mu, Yun Feiyu, Liu Xi and others directly booked an inn.

In the guest room, Liu Xi gracefully brewed tea for Su Mu, and asked: "Your Highness, was it inappropriate for us to enter the city with such a big fanfare."

"I was just worried about not having a chance to deal with him. That he actively look for death is just perfect for me." Su Mu said coldly, taking the teacup.

Liu Xi frowned slightly. Now he and Su Mu could be said to be grasshoppers on the same rope (TN: expression meaning in the same boat). More accurately, Su Mu controlled the destiny of him and his family. If anything happened to Su Mu, the people close to the Crown Prince would also not meet with a pleasant ending.

He had to remind the other: "But Your Highness, if the news that you are not in the palace reaches the ears of the rebels, wouldn't it give them a chance to take advantage of it."

Su Mu's eyes were deep, and occasionally a trace of murderous intent leaked out, causing Liu Xi on the side to feel icy cold.

"The rebel parties lost at least one-third of their troops last time during the siege. Before the news of Ben Gong's departure from the palace is confirmed, the parties would be too afraid to repeat the same mistakes and would not dare to send troops easily. Even if they confirmed that Ben Gong is no longer in Qing kingdom, but so what? The armies that Chen Wei and Qin Kunyu have command of are not just decorations. When Ben Gong has succeeded in botrowing soldiers from the Wu kingdom, it will be the death of those rebels." The tea cup in his hand was suddenly crushed into powder.

Liu Xi was too afraid to look directly at Su Mu's bloodthirsty eyes, but he was still a little worried.

Were the soldiers of the Wu kingdom that easy to borrow just because he said so? Where did the Crown Prince get such confidence from?