46

Reporting to His Royal Highness, the three armies have begun to attack the city......"

"Reporting to Your Highness, the disparity in the number of troops is too large, and our army has retreated back inside the city......"

"Reporting to Your Highness, General Qin was shot by the enemy's poisoned arrow and his life is in danger......"

Since the very beginning of the attack launched at midnight, the threshold of Su Mu's study had been practically flattened with the many reports coming in. Near the evening, both sides were already exhausted, and the firepower was not as strong as before so Su Mu finally had time to catch his breath.

In fact, the two sides had been at war for seven days, and both sides had suffered heavy losses. However, the troops on Su Mu's side was originally less than 60,000 people. Now there were only slightly more than 20,000 people left whereas the enemy side had almost 80,000 or 90 thousand people remaining. If it weren't for occupying the imperial city which had naturally superior defense, the city would have been captured several times over.

It was just that although the number of opponents was several times that of Su Mu's, the consumption was also many times that of Su Mu's side. Long-distance marching did not allow for the carrying of more grain and grass. The grain and grass supply that preceded the main army was almost all consumed, and the grain and grass supply following behind the main army in the rear was not so fast to arrive.

In fact, according to the original idea of ​​the leaders of the three armies, the best plan would be to directly surround the imperial city for ten days to half a month and trap the people inside while they waited leisurely outside. In any case, the terrifying Crown Prince who liked to massacre whole cities was not there so capturing the imperial city would just be a matter of time.

However, no one had expected that the Crown Prince of a poor and weak country, a Crown Prince who took pleasure in killing and kidnapping civilian men was actually able to borrow an army from Wu kingdom, and the amount of troops borrowed was as many as 100,000.

The three armed forces who were waiting for the good show gritted their teeth and picked up their dropped jaws, quietly speeding up their march towards the imperial city, ensuring that they must take the imperial city before the arrival of Wu kingdom's army.

Outside the city, outside Tian Guohai's army barracks, a handsome young man cautiously lurked in the dense forest for a long time. After seeing a man who had come out of the barracks to urinate, he immediately took out the drugged silver needle hidden in his clothes and threw it at the man.

But he was obviously not too skilled, and the silver needle did not even touch the corner of the soldier's clothes.

Silently, he took out another silver needle from his clothes again and threw it out. Very good, it managed to touch the soldier's clothes this time.

Huang Xuan: "......"

It must be successful this time, otherwise he wouldn't be able to see His Highness.

Huang Xuan looked at the silver needle in his hand and cheered himself silently. Seeing that the other was about to finish and leave, Huang Xuan didn't even have time to aim, and hurriedly threw the silver needle in his hand.

According to common sense, the hit rate of this silver needle was infinitely close to zero.

But this soldier was not an ordinary person. He didn't pull his pants before turning around when he heard that there was movement behind him, and then......he was hit.

The soldier looked at the sharp silver needle, which was only a few inches away from a man's most vital part, his penis, and broke out in a cold sweat. He only had a brief moment to rejoice at the fact that it had missed before he fell down.