68

Yang Zifei hurried back to the manor. Seeing his father was like seeing a life savior. He rushed forward and grabbed Yang Hanbo, incoherent words coming out in a panic: "Dad, escape, we have to escape....."

Yang Hanbo was shaken dizzy by the other and quickly ordered a servant to pull him away. Looking at an obviously overwhelmed and frightened Yang Zifei, he reprimanded unhappily: "What kind of demeanor is this, weren't you going to arrest those two filthy commoners? Well, where are they?"

"Dad....." Yang Zifei tremblingly said: "We are in big trouble!"

Yang Hanbo said disapprovingly: "What trouble, isn't it just two filthy commoners?"

As a senior provincial official of a whole county, it was not an exaggeration to say that he was the local tyrant of the area. There were only a handful of people in the Qing kingdom that could scare him. Yang Hanbo said with seeming confidence: "Speak, what are the backgrounds of those two."

"Crown Prince....." Yang Zifei replied with a look of fear: "Dad, one of the two is the current Crown Prince, dad, we have to leave! Or else it will be too late, the Crown Prince might even be on his way here to kill us."

Crown Prince!

Hearing these two words, Yang Hanbo's pupils dilated, his whole body feeling as if it had fallen into an ice cellar, his hands trembling uncontrollably. He tried to calm himself, and scolded: "Nonsense, how could the Crown Prince come to Anyang County? This must be a fake."

It was not that Yang Zifei didn't think of this, but if this really was the Crown Prince, wouldn't they be facing a dead end? Yang Zifei persuaded: "Dad, let's escape now. If he is really the Crown Prince then by staying here there will only be death. And if it's a fake then it's not too late to come back for revenge."

Yang Hanbo struggled for a while, after all, he couldn't just easily let go of his life's hard work here. Yang Zifei saw his hesitation and immediately ran inside to pack up his things.

"Dad, I don't want to die, I'm going to go ahead first."

Yang Hanbo bitterly scolded "unfilial son", and hurriedly followed. In the end, life was more important. But before the two of them even left the manor they were surrounded by soldiers led by Zhao Yuanshan.

Yang Hanbo and his son were brought to Su Mu. Su Mu ignored this pair of father and son's begging for mercy. He just lightly ordered them to be escorted to the imperial city for processing by the Ministry of Justice and didn't bother with this matter anymore.

The people around all retreated under Su Mu's orders. The shameless guy, Ye Qingfeng, seeing that Su Mu was now free, siddled over with a look of evil intentions: "Darling, your business is done, isn't it? It's my turn now."

Su Mu glanced at him and suddenly said, "Go and become the Wulin leader of jianghu!"

"What?" Ye Qingfeng was confused by Su Mu's words that seemed to have come out of nowhere.

Su Mu picked up the teapot and poured two cups of tea, saying: "Jianghu is also a huge force to be reckoned with and needs to be in the hands of reliable people."

Ye Qingfeng wiped away the smile on his face, frowning as he said: "Darling, the people of jianghu are used to being free and loose. I am afraid it won't be so easy to get them to listen to you. Besides, many jianghu people are actually very disgusted with the imperial court. Recruiting them is not very possible."

Su Mu put down his teacup and glanced at Ye Qingfeng's rarely serious face and replied: "Who said I want to recruit them, didn't I ask you to go? You have a lot of connections in jianghu made over these years, so you coming forward would be the best solution."