97

The cause of the war between the Jin and Qing Kingdom was only because two children were fighting over peaches, but then a series of chain reactions put a dozen surrounding countries in a state of war. In truth, the children were just a spark that accidentally lit the gunpowder that surrounded them, resulting in the whole world being filled with the smokes of war.

Su Mu raised his hand and handed the battle report to the eunuch beside him, then asked his subjects, "What do you all think?"

The Qing Kingdom won the war with Jin, but was forced back by Chen and Zheng, who later joined in to mooch off benefits. The reason was very simple. The two emperors of Chen and Zheng said that Shen Wei's army had robbed them of their beauties and treasures. Yun Feiyu's untenable excuse used to provoke the relationship between the Jin Kingdom and Chen and Zheng was now used on Su Mu. As for Wu and Yang, who were originally allies of the Qing Kingdom, were even more direct and didn't even bother finding an excuse, directly starting a war against the Qing Kingdom. As for whether there had been any tampering in this, Su Mu had no time to think about it. The first thing to do was to withstand the siege of the four kingdoms.

At this time, verbal debates were no longer useful, and the war that had already occurred could only be solved with "fists".

Lin Siyuan passed the letter to another person, looked at Su Mu and said: "We can only fight, there is no other way."

Yun Feiyu immediately said: "Chen, Zheng, Wu, Yang, these four kingdoms have reached an agreement to jointly deal with our Qing Kingdom, and now there is no hope for change in the situation with their armies already approaching. We can only kill all the thieves and bandits in order to deter the neighboring tigers and wolves."

AdvertisementsREPORT THIS AD

Su Mu leaned back on the chair and pressed his forehead in frustration, "I of course want to just that, but there are few civil and military officials in the Qing Kingdom, and generals are even more rare. General Qin's injury in the imperial city battle makes it not suitable for him to lead an expedition any longer. General Shen is fighting against Chen and Zheng on the border. Where can I find someone with the talent to command an army?" Su Mu put down his hand and looked at the group of people and asked, "If you know someone who is capable, you can recommend them."

The group of people looked at each other and bowed their heads one after another. Most of the capable generals were usually unruly fellows and thorns in the sides of those in power. Your Highness has already cut off their heads a long time ago. It was already fortunate that General Qin and General Shen managed to survive until now.

Of course these words could only be thought of in the privacy of their minds.

Lin Siyuan stood next to Yun Feiyu and gestured at him with his eyes. Yun Feiyu remained unmoved. He knew what Lin Siyuan meant. Shangguan Hao was originally the old Prince of Wu's subordinate and led the other's army. Currently Shangguan Hao was still in the imperial city and he was indeed a very good candidate. But don't forget that he was a key figure in the rebellion before. How could he be used? What if Shangguan Hao went out with the army but instead of fighting foreign enemies he led the army to attack the imperial city? After all, this person had a criminal record.

Yun Feiyu did not mention it, and Lin Siyuan did not dare to mention it. He was unfamiliar with Shangguan Hao and couldn't guarantee that he would not rebel again. Just now he was just making an inquiry to Yun Feiyu.

Su Mu was even more depressed when he saw that the dozen people remained silent and without even saying a word. He racked his brains to search for feasible candidates and after a while, a thought finally flashed by. He said to Yun Feiyu: "Uh.....the one you asked me to let go last time. What's his name again? The one who followed your grandfather."