90

After the three academies were completed, and Yun Feiyan, a woman, was tasked with serving as the head of the women's school, no one objected. Of course, this was not because the officials at the imperial court were open-minded, but because the Crown Prince directly issued an order instead of asking their opinions, so even if they were indignant, they could only obey and did not dare to cause any trouble for the women's school. But these people vowed that they would never let the daughters in their families attend.

Since ancient times, there had been no practice of letting women attend schools and academies. It was simply unconventional.

Su Mu sat on the dragon chair and glanced across the hall at these officials, but didn't put much regard on the thoughts of these people. Even if they didn't allow their daughters to attend there were still plenty of other families who would.

In the afternoon, Su Mu, accompanied by Yun Feiyu, Lin Siyuan, Liu Xi and the others to the Imperial Agricultural Academy. After the winter solstice, Su Mu had begun to pay attention to spring plowing. A large number of agricultural and farming experts from all over the Qing Kingdom gathered here. Their task was to cultivate improved breeding types, for both crops and animals.

Coming from the cold wind outside into the airtight greenhouse, a heat wave hit everyone the moment they stepped inside. Su Mu untied his cloak and passed it behind him. In front of him was a small patch of green farmland, covered in green vegetation and vitality, making it seem like the warmth inside and the coldness outside seemed to be two different worlds. The people who followed behind Su Mu gaped their mouths open in surprise. Liu Xi walked to a farmland and looked at the tender seedlings, full of curiosity: "Your Highness, how can there be seedlings in the winter?"

Advertisements

REPORT THIS AD

Yun Feiyu took a look at the surrounding environment, walked to the soil and touched it, only to come away with a sense of warmth. The roof was curved, and only at the places above the seedlings were sunlight let in. Watching the Crown Prince ask an old man carefully about the situation of the seedlings, Yun Feiyu had to express admiration again, the Crown Prince was really someone very extraordinary.

The old man standing next to Su Mu was Zhang Datong who Su Mu met on his way to the Wu Kingdom. Su Mu directly sent him and his family to the imperial city. It was not long after that these greenhouses were built and the seedlings seen here were the first plants planted in the greenhouse.

"Elder Zhang, how about the seedlings?" Su Mu asked.

Zhang Datong shook his head and said: "There is too little sunshine, the growth is too weak, and the output will not be too high."

Su Mu took a look at the openings above his head and thought privately that if only there was plastic, of course he also knew that it was impossible at this stage. Even if he found petroleum, he would not be able to produce it. But the search for coal was urgent and could not be put off. Qingye Villa, the Imperial Agricultural Academy, and the Imperial Engineering Academy all need a lot of fuel to maintain the workings inside. The trees in the surrounding mountains were decreasing at an extremely fast rate. Unfortunately, while Su Mu had sent people out for more than half a year, there was still no news of any coal discovery. This had Su Mu worried about whether there were even any coal mines in the Qing Kingdom.

Su Mu walked on the outside of the farm field, looked at the different types of seedlings and asked: "Which seedlings have the highest yield at the moment."

Zhang Datong led Su Mu to the other end, where there was a written label: "Your Highness, it is No. C-5, but No. C-5 has weak disease resistance."

Su Mu nodded and asked, "Which has the best overall effect and is suitable for large-scale planting across the country?"