#42 - My ex is taking it too far!

Hi Genie_us,

(Side note: I'm a guy)

Ok, so I've been friends with this girl since about fourth grade, but about July, we started dating. We dated all through summer break, but in September I put us back to the friendzone, because the relationship went a little too far. It wasn't a problem, we're still friends, it's all good.

But lately, when me and my group of friends, including her, get together, it really seems like she wants to, you know, be more than friends. She flirts, and is very touchy and stuff. I didn't like where it went last time and I want to say no, but she's not one to take no for an answer, and I don't want to ruin our friendship or alienate her. I need help!

Thanks,

-Patrick 

::

Hello. Finally, guy problems! (I make joke).

Talk to her

I realize that about 90% of the advice I give in this book is exactly, but it's usually 99.9% effective, so I'll give it to you also. Dude, talk to her. That's how we as human beings communicate, and there is no other way you can let her know that it bothers you if you don't tell her. Just explain to her that you don't appreciate her flirting with you because you are not in a relationship anymore!

Like bruh, there's nothing else I can think to tell you except that. Hopefully, she'll stop her beahaviour.

Give each other space

Sometimes I think that there comes a time in our lives where we must let go of the people we so desperately wish to hold on to. If she doesn't listen and insists on touching you or whatever, maybe there's no other way than to just not talk to each other anymore. It's always risky being friends immediately after you break up with someone because if their feelings continue to linger on, they will pull all of the stunts they know and try to get you back. That's why it's best to give your ex some space, allow them to get over you, then begin your friendship again from square one. Many people often lie to themselves that they can 'just be friends' with their ex, but it's always more complicated than that. I know that you don't want to lose her, and this isn't losing her per say. It's just spending time away from each other so that you can allow for a rift, for the mending of hearts, which will then allow you to be proper friends after that. 

Anyone think otherwise? Anyone have anything to add on? Don't hesitate to comment. 

Lots of love, 

- genie_us xx