Just a note

Hello guys, it's the lovely genie_us here!

I just have a couple of important things I need to let you know:

1. I am overwhelmed with the requests

If you've sent me a message asking me to help you, thank you and hopefully I've replied. But, if I haven't, PLEASE do not take it personally because upon coming back from school, I found my inbox flooded with messages, some even dating 3 months back! I'm only human, so it's very difficult for me to do ALL of them. Bear with me please.

Which is why:

2. Try not to send in questions that are similar to some of the ones I've posted already

I don't want this book to get repetitive because that means it'll only target the same kind of problems and the same kind of audience. That's why I need you to try and look at the ones I've already put up and see if you can use some of the advice I've given.

I've been finding that I'm repeating myself a lot nowadays, which isn't ideal, so try and help me out here.

Also, when submitting questions, try and make it more general so that readers feel that they can relate to it. I reckon that a lot of you send me similar problems because some of the ones that are up are soooo specific that you think yours is different while it may not be.

Does that make sense?

For instance, instead of saying: "My boyfriend Gregory is getting overprotective, like yesterday in Spanish Class we were divided into five groups and I wasn't in his group so he kept on coming over to my group to ask for a marker, then the next time he came for a..."

It's better to tell me,
"My boyfriend Gregory is getting overprotective. Like, he keeps finding excuses to talk to me during class and he absolutely hates it when I'm talking with other people - even if it's for a school project."

In the second one, it's more of a general overview which makes it more relatable than the first option. If someone going through the same problem read the first option, they'd think, "My boyfriend is overprotective too! But he doesn't come over to my table for a marker, so my situation is different..." But if they read the second, they'd be able to identify more with it because it's not as specific.

Makes sense?

3. (IMPORTANT) There is a limit

Guys, I am a seventeen year old girl who is still in high school.

Why I'm telling you this is because, as much as I hate to say it, I am not a qualified counselor or therapist or whatever. What I can do is offer you my opinion, but I am not an expert. That means that there are some problems that I cannot deal with because I just can't.

Let me make this clear. This is where I draw the line:

- bullying
- physical and sexual abuse
- illness or conditions such as depression
- if you are suicidal

The reason I will not answer such questions is not because I don't want to, but because those need professional help.

I understand that sometimes it's difficult to tell an adult about it, which is why you come to me, but if your problem is serious to that extent that you want to kill yourself (for instance), you may actually just need to tell your parents, get a counselor/therapist because they will be able to help you.

Stuff like depression and anxiety needs medication which you need to seek. I can't help you when it comes to that. And then, bullying and sexual/physical abuse are traumatic events which again need professional attention.

I hope that I don't come off as rude here, but you need to understand that some things are too much and too heavy for me.

Damn. This was deep. I hope I haven't scared you off! 😱🙈

I'm still here to help you with whatever issues you have! PM me and I'll try to put it up as soon as I can!

I love you all and thank you so much for your support! ♥️

- genie_us xxx