#32 - I'm not a crybaby!

Hey, I wanted to ask you something for your Wattpad Agony Aunt book. Hopefully that's okay :)

I have this horrible thing where whenever someone, usually a teacher, yells at me, my eyes get watery and I'm literally on the verge of crying. I don't know how to get rid of this habit and I don't want others to think of me as a crybaby. I'm not afraid to stand up for myself but it's always this crying thing that gets in the way. I'd love it if you could help. Thanks a lot!

::

So my first guess is: hormones. Puberty sucks, I know.

But, my second guess would be a bit more...serious. Just hear me out.

Unfortunately, the only way I'm able to give you advice is if something is in your control, but right now it's not: you can't control your crying. Perhaps you should check it out with a doctor. As depressing or as scary this seems, if you're literally always about to cry and you don't mean to, something may be up.

I'm not a doctor myself (nor do I wish to be), but I do know that there are some conditions that affect one's emotions, like PBA and Anxiety Disorders, and they make you cry involunarily. Don't fear though, they're all treatable and stuff so there's really nothing to worry about.

I hope you have neither of those though, and it's just as simple as ABC, but I really think you should tell your Mum or Dad, go see a doctor about it, and make sure that everything is alright. The doctor will be able to advise you accordingly and hopefully be able to explain this - and help you fix it.

Good luck and tell me how it goes. I'm sure you'll be alright :)

- genie_us xx