#69 - My friend wants me to ask out MY CRUSH for her!

Hey genie_us / my new aunt..jk!

So I like this boy that I went to school with last year, and I still do see him quite often since we are in the same program.

I really do like him and I really want to tell him. Thing is, my friend - we will call her Hay - also asked me to ask him out for her the next time I see him and I really don't want them to date! But I also really don't want to tell him I like him, so what to do!

::

Heyaaaaaa.

In all honesty, I have a pretty straightforward answer for you:

You have to tell your friend that you like him. Have a conversation with Hay and just tell her kindly that the truth is you've also had a crush on this guy for ages and so you don't feel comfortable asking him out for her.

Whether you tell him that you like him or not really depends on how close you and Hay are. If you're like, extremely close, then perhaps it's time for the both of you to step back and re-evaluate your crush on this guy, asking yourselves whether it's really worth it for any of you to date him because that may come at the expense of your friendship.

In Year 9, my friend and I had a crush on this guy but thing is I had really liked him and I had liked his first. And she knew that, and she had even said that she would never go out with him. The only issue was that he liked her, and not me. And next thing you know, he's asking her out and they dated, and that really crushed me, became I thought she was my friend. Eventually, I just had to get over it. Her and I barely spoke while she was dating him. I felt betrayed but i guess that if they liked each other, I was selfish to try and say that she shouldn't have been with him because I liked him.

Of course, just as it was for me, the ultimate decider of it all is which of you two he likes - or if he likes any of you at all. Because you and Hay could get into a fight over this guy and then it turns out that he's not even interested in either of you. Who does he talk to more? Who does he seem more interested in? How about you or Hay personally just ask him? (Not the both of you at the same time though). After you tell her that you like him too, you must find out who he likes if he likes someone. Don't pressure or corner the poor boy, and it's not yet safe to tell him that you and Hay both like him yet as he doesn't need to be sucked into the drama between the two of you at this point.

After you find out if he one of you, it really just boils down to how close you and Hay are and whether you're willing to give up the friendship for a guy. Or, you may find that if her likes her that you'll just allow for them to date even though it hurts because you'd like to see your friend happy. OR, if he likes you, then she may just allow for you and him to go out because she wants to see you happy.

But, if he likes her and you still don't want them to date, or if he likes you and she doesn't want the two of you to date, you may both have to decide how it'll affect your friendship. Like I said, you may end up falling out.

If he likes neither of you, I think that you will be glad that you told Hay that you liked him anyway because friendships are built on trust and honesty. It will also be a bonding opportunity for the both of you as there's nothing better than crushing on a guy that both of you will never have a chance to be with. You have a friend to talk about how sexy he is or talk shit about him to make yourselves feel better, lol. And then as you get over him, you'll realize it was never that big of a deal anyway!

Hopefully it works out in the best way for you and your friend. Just remember that you need to tell her the truth first.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes.

Love,

- genie_us xx