Terri

LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA.
Monday , 7:35PM.

"Don't wear that dress, it's ugly wear this one".My husband Royce said handing me this hoochie dress instead of me wearing the nice and elegant one I already had out.

"Royce I can't fit that one anymore I picked this one for a reason". I said as he slapped me and I fell to the ground holding my face as he laughed at me.

"Don't ever talk back to me again you wear the one I say wear NOW" ! He said lighting his cigar fixing his suit and tie.

I just got myself together and put on the dress he wanted to see me wearing for his dumb ass event with his dumb ass friends, I don't even know why I even put up with his shit but he is all I know. I quit my job years ago to be a house wife for him thinking he was gone really take care of me with how sweet he was but after years of us being together he started acting real mean. He's cheated on me countless times. Beat me to death. Sometimes I don't know how much more I can take. My mother died when I was 5, My dad was never around. I was living with my grandmother now she is in a home and blind. He was all I knew besides my best-friend Sina but I didn't want to put my problems on her.

I finished getting dressed as he kept rushing me every 5 mins and telling me to wear my hair down instead of having it in the up-do I had already. I was sick and tired of his shit it was ridiculous. Royce was a business man in sales and marketing and his Company had a event every year almost so he took it serious way serious. His driver came as we got into the car i just looked out the window I was honestly out of it. Every event he slapped me and hit me before it and it just made me feel less of a woman, I could truly say I was never happy with him anymore.

"Fix your face we pulling up to my event". He said putting his cigar out looking at his self in his phone. We pulled into the event as he got out his driver helped me out the car instead of him helping me out, we walked in as everybody greeted him and not once did he ever greet me until somebody asked about his wife. I told him I had to go to the bathroom as he rolled his eyes I just walked off towards the bathroom not before i bumped into a figure who was a stud female. A fine one! She helped me up as I was loss for words when she started talking.

"Are you okay"? She asked me looking me in my eyes. She had on a gray glistening suit vest and pants, her body showed tattoos all over and her hair was freshly dreaded.

"Yea.. Sorry". I said trying to walk away before Royce sees me.

"No I'm sorry I'm Rayan it's nice to meet you". She said smiling as she had a top grill and her bottom teeth was pearly white.

"Terri same to you I have to go". I said walking away towards the bathroom as I took my iPhone 13 out calling my bestie Sina who answered immediately.

" Bestieeee " She said blowing kisses at me then started looking concerned.

" Hey best I'm at this dumb ass event with Royce I'm just so done with him "I said.

" Did he hurt you again? " She asked.

" Yea can you come get me I got some money saved up I won't stay with you for long" I said.

'' Girl I'm on my way at the same place '' She said.

"Yea" I said as she said she's on her way with her girlfriend Miah and we hung up. I fixed myself up leaving out the bathroom as Royce was standing by the door looking mad.

"I was looking all over the place for you bitch" ! He yelled damn near choking me as the stud lady pushed him away from me.

"Get yo hands off her "! She yelled at Royce.

"This my woman Rayan stay out of it". Royce said.

"I'll tell the press everything you just did right now I suggest you keep yo hands to yo self". She said.

"Terri let's go".Royce said grabbing me as we walked back into the crowd. It turnt me on how she took up for me and didn't even know a damn thing about me. After that incident he was called to do his speech infront of everyone and for the blogs. He was a fake phony man and I seen how all these woman look at him they just don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

"I would like to thank my wife for holding me down threw out these years of my constant worry about being in the marketing business and now we rich, so thank you baby "! He said smiling holding his glass of wine up as everybody looked at me I just grinned. I felt my phone vibrate as Sina told me she was outside, there was a knot in my stomach saying don't run but you need to run so I just followed my heart because That's what my grandma always told me to do. I ran, I ran like never before as everybody looked at me like I was crazy and Royce ran after me I hopped in Sina car so fast telling them to go.

"Thank y'all so much". I said as Sina turned around grabbing my hands.

"Girl you could have hit me sooner I always got you". Sina said. My phone started vibrating and it read Royce I just turned my phone off. I finally left and this time it was gonna be for good.