57 - Final Day With The Fox Family

His sword crashed into mine. I barely blocked it, holding up against him. He was surprisingly strong for an old man. He was quite in shape.

He swung towards my head, but I blocked it. [Danger Sense] quickly warned me. I tried to move my leg, but he was too quick and kicked me in the shin. I stumbled backwards and gave him the opportunity to place his sword next to my neck.

"You lose." He smirked.

"Yeah! Go Grandpa!" Krystal's little sister cheered with the others.

"Hey, you should cheer for me." I looked at them. "Everybody loves cheering for the underdog."

The thought about it for a moment. "No!" They grinned.

"Come on." I chuckled.

"Nice try, kiddo." Krystal's Grandpa replied. "But you have to know that people aren't going to play nice and chivalrous. They'll use any tricks they can. You should as well."

"Alright." I sighed.

"One more time." He stated. "Then we'll head back to the others for a final lunch before you all leave."

I nodded, readying my sword. Yesterday he beat me up until I learned in my thick skull to dodge. His training was so intense that in a couple hours [Danger Sense] leveled up THREE times to Level 15.

That's incredible. When Sapphire was training me it was a little easier due to the lower levels, but these higher levels take more to increase. So three levels in one day...

I was very, very, very sore that night.

Today we started using the swords, and it was safe to say I did not completely know what I was doing. I was holding my medieval [Iron Sword] while Krystal's Grandpa used a katana.

He rushed at me, swinging the sword towards my body. I dodged it, swinging my sword towards his head. He brought his sword up, blocking my sword with the tip of his.

I ducked as he swung above my head. With my new position I sent a stab towards his stomach which he evaded. I quickly rolled forwards, dodging the kick he sent towards my back.

I scampered back to my feet barely in time to block his katana. I was kneeled down, holding the sword above my head with both hands as he pushed down.

I pushed upwards, slowly standing up and forcing him backwards. As he got ready to charge at me, I thought about what he said.

Use any tricks you can...

My chain wrapped around my arm. I threw it forwards, wrapping it around his sword and yanking it out of his hands. I gripped it in my free hand, before rushing at him with both swords. Only for him to easily dodge my strikes and poke me in the eyes with his fingers.

"MY EYES!!!!!" I yelled out, clutching them.

"I have to say, I didn't expect you to actually use a trick." He laughed. "Good. But if you are going to play with tricks, then I will."

"You already were." I accused, rubbing my eyes.

"All's fair in war." He shrugged.

"I'm pretty sure you forgot something in that saying." I deadpanned.

"No, I think it's correct." He replied.

The kids ran up to me, surrounding me and looking up at me with sparkling eyes.

"That was so cool!" One excitedly said.

"How'd you do that?!" One asked.

"Awesome!" Another one cried out.