41 - The Ghost Town

The bus pulled up to the town, parking outside. We passed by a rickety old sign, stating the name and population of the town.

Spotsville. Population 123.

I wonder how often they update the sign? Seems like a really low count.

"We're here...not that there seems to be anything here..." The bus driver stated.

"Hm? What do you mean?" Madam Webb asked.

We looked out the windows, looking at the town. It looked like one of those old western towns. All of the windows were boarded up and not a soul was in sight.

And I didn't see any other buses. Where are the other students?

"Huh. Strange." Madam Webb stated. "I don't remember it being like this."

"You've been here before?" Krystal wondered.

"Yeah. A year or two ago. It was much more vibrant and lively than...this." She explained.

We climbed out the bus, except for the bus driver who stayed inside. We walked to the entrance of the town, taking our first steps inside.

"It really is...empty." Anna stated.

"I don't like this..." Muttered Lilia.

"It'll be fine." I smiled, ruffling her hair.

"Hm..I want a headpat too..." I heard Krystal mutter.

This isn't really the time to be jealous...

Looking around the town, I noticed the unnerving silence which wavered in the air. It was quiet. Too quiet.

"What happened here?" Madam Webb muttered.

We started to walk through the town, gazing at all of the closed and shut buildings. It really did feel like a ghost town here.

"Hey?! What are you doing?!" A light hiss penetrated the silence to our left.

Looking over, one of the windows of a building had been slightly opened and a single eye peeked through. From the outside the building looked like a western pub, one that you would see cowboys partying at.

But instead it was closed up and silent.

"What's going on here?" Madam Webb asked.

"So you don't know..." The voice muttered. "Come on! Get inside quickly before they arrive!"

The door to the western pub opened. I glanced at the others, using my eyes to ask them if this would be safe.

"Come on." Madam Webb whispered. "It'll be fine."

We hesitantly entered the dark pub. It was covered in darkness except for the couple candles which rested on the multiple tables, which had a plethora of people sitting around them. They weren't partying though. Rather, they were mostly silent and looked saddened.

"Welcome to Spotsville. Or at least, what's left of it." Said the person whom had talked to us from the window earlier. "If only you could have come at a better time."

The person walked in front of us, allowing the candle light to barely illuminate her. She had short brown hair with blue eyes. Six blue eyes.

She wore what you would expect of a female cowboy, however on her chest was a golden star, and behind her sprouted multiple spider legs from her back.

"The names Sherif Wyn. Nice to meet'cha." She greeted.

"You're an Arachnid." Lightly gasped Madam Webb.