72 - Attack On Dark Castle

The window was shattered, broken glass sprayed all across the ground. Multiple people now stood in the room, soldiers of the Diabolos family.

And even worse, heading them, was Luna Diabolos. In hand she held her giant, black rugged sword.

"Do you understand what you are doing?" Camilla spoke, standing in front of me with a menacing gaze. "This is a direct assault against the royal family of the Dark Kingdom."

"Yes, we do." Luna simply replied, no emotion whatsoever on her face. "Jackson Walker must pay for his crimes. Being a royal from the Dark Kingdom does not grant him immunity from his sins."

"You act as if your own family doesn't commit their own sins." Dracula emerged from the hallway.

The guard that I had noticed was different from before lunged at Dracula in an attempt to subdue him. However, Dracula easily grabbed the guard by the face and chucked him into the wall.

"Did you really think you could take us on like this?" Dracula sighed.

The rushing of footsteps was heard, and behind him suddenly appeared all my friends in worry. They looked upon the scene in surprise.

I saw Luna visibly frown.

"You've stolen both of her descendants...?" She muttered. "Unacceptable."

"Leave. Right now." Camilla demanded. "Or else this will be war. One which starts with your head."

"King Lucifer expected this outcome." Luna stated. "It seems that no further conversation is required."

"Then so be it." Dracula snarled.

He dashed forwards, vanishing in the air and reappearing almost right in front of Luna in seconds. He outstretched his hand, Luna barely dodging and gripping his wrist.

"Sloth." She spoke, the one word seemingly holding limitless weight.

He froze, his feet suddenly cracking the ground. He swiped at Luna again, noticeably slower this time. Luna swung her sword with surprising speed, Dracula just barely getting out of the way.

What just happened? Luma can't be stronger than Dracula...can she?

He retreated back to his wife, who grabbed him in worry. "What did you do to me?" He demanded furiously.

"Why would I tell you?" Luna replied. She looked over to the soldiers she had come with. They brandished guns, once again catching me by surprise.

People in the Underworld don't use tech like this that often! And yet, here were multiple demons wielding guns and armor like modern soldiers from our world.

I've only seen things this high tech from...

The Diabolos Family.

They had that orb which temporarily froze Madam Webb. They had the helicopters with the machine guns. They have these real assault rifles and other weapons.

That doesn't matter right now. Before that, I need to figure out how we get out of this. We may be strong, but we aren't impervious to bullets.

Someone will get shot inevitably.

And one of us could die.

I can't let that happen.

I glanced back at my friends. The worry and confusion held on their faces was evident. And even more so was Dawn's concern for her mother and father.

An image of Madam Webb flashed across my mind.

Madam Webb let out a sharp gasp. I whirled my head towards her, eyes widening as I saw blood seep from her stomach as she looked down with shocked eyes. Her arms started to shake more, barely supporting.