26 - Expanding The Party

I quickly stumbled to my feet, extending my hand in front of Anna. I glanced back at her and the unconscious Angela on the floor.

In front of us was a Corrupted Werebeast.

I hate those things...

"You protect Angela. I'll take it on." I stated.

Anna nodded, standing over Angela.

In my demonic right hand appeared my [Chains of Holy Fire]. Lighting them up, I swung at the Werebeast, quickly causing it to fade into purple dust.

"You said you were going to be a trapper, right?" I questioned. "Do you think that you could set up some traps?"

Anna's face lit up. "I got this." She smiled.

Moving around the small cave we were in, she set up tripwires with her webs. They were so thin, I could barely even see them.

"This should trip up any Corrupted." Anna stated.

"Sweet." I replied, smiling.

"Ugh..." Angela groaned, sitting up. "What happened?"

Opening her eyes, she looked around. Her eyes quickly widened, morphing in fear.

"W-Why are we here again?!" Angela cried out.

I quickly hugged Angela, attempting to calm her down. I held her against me, rubbing her back.

"I'll be alright. Anna and I are here." I reassured her. I felt as she slowly calmed down.

"Thank you." Angela whispered. I smiled, standing back up. Grabbing her hand, I pulled her up.

"Why are we here?" Angela asked, this time much calmer.

I glanced towards Anna, who nodded at me.

"I have something to show you." I stated.

I pulled up the [Party] screen, Anna's eyes widening. Wait, could she see it now?! Angela only looked at me confused. Clicking on the third slot, I requested for Angela Ignis to be added to the party. Suddenly a screen popped up in front of Angela.

"W-what?" Angela gasped confusedly, staring at the screen in front of her. "What is this Jack?"

"This is the System." I stated. "A couple of days before my date with Anna I woke up to find out I had the 'System'. It gives me missions and rewards. It's how I've been able to grow stronger." I explained.

Angela eyes widened. "Oh! Amazing!"

"Yeah." I replied. I took a deep breath. "It's called the Monster Harem System. The missions it gives helps me to make monster girls fall for me."

Angela looked at me, her silence seemingly lasting a decade. Sweat ran down my face. Please don't hate me...

Angela approached me, giving me a quick kiss on the cheek. Anna slightly growled.

Angela smiled at me. "It doesn't matter who falls for you. I'll love you forever, and I'll win."

"About that..." Replied a jealous Anna, grabbing onto my arm. "He's my boyfriend now."

She turned my face, pulling me into a kiss.

More fireworks fired off in my head. I could get addicted to this.

Wait! What about Angela?!

Looking back towards Angela, she actually didn't seem upset. Rather, she seemed even more fired up.

"Don't let your guard down Anna!" She declared. "This race isn't over yet!"

Anna just smiled back. "We'll see..."