80 - It's Time To End This

Madam Webb-no, Destiny, suddenly grasped my hand with her own. A sharp pain rang through my head for a moment, but as it disappeared for some reason I felt fulfilled. Full.

"...Jackson?" A familiar voice slowly spoke.

Sally?! Sally, is that you?!

"Jackson!" Sally cried out in relief. "Are you alright?"

Mostly. I'll be better once we finally take this guy down.

I'm...

I'm so relieved to hear you again.

I thought you never wanted to speak to me after the incident at Hell High.

"That's not it." Sally replied. "Long story short, somehow Destiny got a beta version of your system after she got revived, which I was attached to. I finally was able to transfer back to you now."

That's a lot to take in. How the hell did she get revived?

"Phoenix shenanigans, I don't fully understand." Sally quickly stated. "Now's not the time, go finish beating up that guy!"

Understood!

"Been a long time, Lucy." Destiny cracked her knuckles. "I see here that you've been messing with my children. Looks like I'll finally be putting you down for good."

"You couldn't defeat me." Demon King Lucifer sneered. "What makes you think you can now?"

"A lot of things, actually." Destiny smirked.

"Mom...?" Anna and John looked on in shock, tears welling at the edges of their eyes.

Destiny smiled back at them. "Sorry for being so late. Want to come and give your Mom a hand?"

Demon King Lucifer growled, summoning a shimmering and blinding blood red blade with a golden handle and guard. He appeared in front of Destiny, his sword aimed to decapitate.

A purple glow appeared around his sword, stopping his momentum and throwing him off. John appeared behind him, his spider arms aiming for the eyes.

Demon King Lucifer blocked each blow, only to suddenly be slammed into the side, sending him stumbling. Skullface stood there, cracking his neck and crossing his arms.

"Skullface!" I grinned.

"Hey." He nodded.

Before Demon King Lucifer could get ready Angela was already sending him flying into the air with an uppercut full of holy flames.

Sapphire fully morphed into her dragon form, her three heads roaring as she flew up into the sky. She smacked Demon King Lucifer with her tail, sending him back down towards the ground.

He readjusted himself in the air, throwing his sword down before him and leaving a trail of fire through the air. He grasped it within his hand, twisting his body and sending a curveball towards Sapphire.

She flew through the air, evading the fireball as Demon King Lucifer landed on top of his sword. He dodged Angela, landing on the ground and bringing his sword out with a swing of flames. The flames rocketed towards Angela, missing as she flew out of the way.

Destiny's spider legs were suddenly clashing with Demon King Lucifer's sword. But with multiple of them she attacked past his sword with a viciousness, leaving dents across his previous unscathed armor.

He opened his mouth, breathing fire towards Destiny. She jumped back as the ground beneath her sprung up into a wall and blocked the fire. She then kicked the wall, sending it toppling over and almost getting Demon King Lucifer under it.

In her hands she summoned a bow, continuing her retreat backwards as she drew it back and flung an arrow of golden light towards him. He dodged most of the arrows, slicing a few out of the way when he couldn't dodge in time.

A cross careened through the air, knocking him in the back of the head. He growled, glancing behind him and giving me the split second needed to get into his space and swing my sword towards his neck.

He parried the sword with a strike of his own now rapidly approaching. I smirked, moving out of the way in a full dodge. While that got me out of range to attack him, Destiny was now upon him once more with a black gauntlet around her fist.

She slammed it into his stomach, breaking through his armor and sending him careening backwards. He stabbed his sword into the ground, skidding to a stop. He looked up at her with a vicious glare.

"You...dare to make a mockery of me?!" He screamed.

"You're the one who made a mockery of yourself." Destiny shrugged. "This all could've been easy if you just left me alone like I wished. You forced my hand."

"You're not even a demon, and yet you act like you're better than me?!" He spat. "I am a Pride Demon! The strongest of them all! Descendant of the ones who wiped out the angels!"

"Wiped them out?" His hair was suddenly grabbed and pulled upwards from behind by Angela. "Then what is this?"

Before he could act she grabbed his face, igniting her palm with holy fire. He grasped at her arm as she burned his face, the rest of us minus Destiny and Skullface wincing at her brutality.

She let go of his face, causing him to clutch at it as he hunched over, screaming out unintelligible curses and insults.

"I'll do the honors." Destiny spoke up. "None of you need his blood on your hands."

"I got this." I replied.

"...you sure?" Destiny asked.

I nodded.

"Then go ahead." Destiny agreed.

"Come on out, Boo." I said, pulling the yellow slime out of my pocket.

I placed the slime down, allowing it to slink over to Demon King Lucifer and start to consume him. I watched as Boo covered Demon King Lucifer, swallowing him in order to feed.

You forced my hand.

I would've rather gone the peaceful route, but never again will I compromise the safety of my friends through mercy.

"I'm gone for just a little bit and you already grow so much?" Destiny chuckled.

"Destiny..." I whispered, tears rolling down my eyes.

I grabbed her into a tight hug. She paused for a moment, before hugging me back. Anna and John quickly joined in the hug to make it a group hug, which quickly increased as everyone else joined the hug as well.

"Sending in imaginary hugs." Sally commented.

"Don't worry about the whole framing thing." Destiny said as we separated. "I'll get it handled. All of you should relax now. You deserve it."

"Thank you." I genuinely smiled.

These are my friends.

And I couldn't be happier.