4 - Taking The Highway To Hell

"Anna?" I called out.

"Yes?" She asked.

"W-what are you?" I asked. My voice was shaking, staring at her spider appendages which protruded from her back. What just happened?

She's a spider lady? What?

Scratch that. How do spider ladies exist?!

Oh god, what's going on?

Anna gasped, her spider legs quickly folding back into her back. She brushed her hair back over her forehead, covering two sets of eyes.

That same feeling from my [Freerunner] skill came back, this time pointing me towards Anna. I quickly jumped forward, grabbing her wrist.

She was trying to run away. She was scared.

Of me?

"Hey, calm down. Please, tell me what's going on." I asked, holding her close.

Her hands gripped the back of my shirt, as she started to sob into my chest. I could feel her tears wetting my shirt. I'll need to dry it later.

"Y-you shouldn't have seen that." She cried.

"It's alright. It's alright." I said, trying to soothe her. Maybe if I rub her back, she'll feel better.

Her sobbing soon died down, and she broke the hug. She wiped away her tears from her eyes. All six of them.

"So...you're a spider lady?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. Look, I'm awkward, okay? I know this.

She giggled. "After all you've seen that's the first thing you ask?"

"Well..." I replied, trailing off.

"Yes, I'm a spider lady." She confirmed. "Do you hate me?" She suddenly asked, a sad look in her eyes.

"No. You're still you. Though I didn't expect this..." I nervously explained.

Anna giggled once more.

——————————————————————————

And that's how I got here. To being webbed up onto the ceiling, with Anna cuddling into my side. As much as I like Anna, her being a spider person still kind of freaks me out.

Sally, bring the system out please.

"Sure Host." Sally said.

The System menu popped up in front of me once more. I wiggled my arm, getting it out from under Anna. Clicking the [Missions] button, I went to claim my reward.

[Mission] - Survive your date with Anna. Completed.

[Bonus] - Learn more about Anna. Completed.

(Claim?)

Clicking the (Claim) button, I was rewarded with 120 AP. Wow, that's a lot. Add that to my 30 and now I have 150. Math!

Suddenly the System screen disappeared. Huh?

Sally, did you do that?

"No, I didn't Host." She replied.

What? I didn't either. What's going on?

A new screen popped up in front of me, showing a message;

"Basic requirements fulfilled! [Harem System] is upgrading!"

What? It can upgrade? There's more to the system? Sally?

"I'm afraid I don't know Host." Sally informed.