81 - Epilogue

Destiny stood on the stage, looking out to the many residents of Hell's capital, Lilith. Skullface was to the side and intently watching the crowd, acting as her bodyguard. Her spider arms were out as she stood proudly in front of everyone.

"Lucifer has been slain by me!" She yelled out to the crowd. "Which means I am now your new ruler. I have gone by many names, and not long ago I went by Madam Webb."

"I am alive!" She continued. "My death was fabricated by Lucifer. He framed my death, Duncan Diabolos' death, and the destruction of my school on Jackson Walker. I am proclaiming his innocence. He is no longer to be hunted."

"As for the situation with the Dark Kingdom, tensions have been high, but I am currently working out a peace treaty with them." She stated. "War will not be coming to Hell."

"From henceforth, I shall be known as Demon Queen Destiny!" She exclaimed. "And if anyone has a problem with me taking leadership, then they can certainly try and defeat me."

She grinned. "But I think you'll find that you won't get much further than trying."

And that speech was how this situation finally ended. I watched from the crowd, hood over my head and a smile on my face.

Not long after I rendezvoused with the others, who were also spread out across the crowd. Until our innocence was fully confirmed, we didn't want to take the chance of causing a conflict.

Other than Dawn, but she would be joining us shortly.

We approached the doors of the castle, getting easy entrance from the guards. After all, we were to be expected.

We entered the throne room, and unlike the last time just a day ago when Demon King Lucifer was sitting there, Destiny was standing in the room and looking at the throne.

She turned towards us, a smile on her face.

"How did I do?" She asked.

"You did great!" Anna grinned.

"That's good to hear." Destiny chuckled.

"Now that you're the Queen, does that make me a prince?" John wondered.

"I think so..." Brutus nodded.

"Don't let it get to your head." Sapphire commented.

"I suddenly feel like letting it get to my head..." John murmured.

The doors opened, revealing two new figures. One of them was Dawn, bringing along one other person with her; Luna.

They quickly hurried over, Luna throwing her arms around Destiny. She hugged back with a laugh, before ruffling the hair of the girl.

"...what just happened?" Anna questioned.

"Beats me." Dawn shrugged.

"You're really alive, Madam Webb!" Luna gasped. "But you look...younger?"

"Long story." Destiny smirked. "And just call me Destiny. I'm no longer Madam Webb."

"Why?" Luna asked curiously.

"Because I passed on the torch." Destiny smiled, nodding towards Anna.

Anna looked confused, before she cusped the purple necklace in her hand. She gazed at it in surprise.

"So, how do you two know each other?" Dawn asked.

"Luna was one of my first students." Destiny explained. "Before I set up the school, when she was younger."

"I'm so sorry about what my brother did." Luna whispered.

"It's fine." Destiny shook her head. "You've done nothing wrong. It's over, and we're alive."

"Are you going to rebuild the school?" Krystal asked curiously.

"It'll take a few years, but yes." She nodded. "And until then, I'll continue as Hell's ruler."

"Until then?" Anna raised an eyebrow.

"Then I'll pass on the torch." Destiny smirked, looking at me. "So you better make sure you're strong enough to defeat me by then, Jackson."

"Me?" I questioned, pointing at myself.

"Duh." Destiny chuckled. "You did get the final blow on Lucifer."

"I think Angela got the final blow, not me." I countered. "And I just let Boo eat him."

"Regardless, I think you're the best fit." Destiny replied.

"Of course he is." Lilia proudly stated.

"Makes sense, considering you are engaged to me." Dawn nodded.

"You are already going through the proper training." Sapphire smirked.

"Accept your fate, Jackson." Sally giggled from within my mind.

I looked at all of my friends, a smile growing on my face.

Anna, one of my first friends and my first crush. To think that date with her would lead all the way to where I am now. But I am so thankful it did, because I've learned so much about her and we've had some unforgettable experiences.

John, my other first friend and my best buddy. He's stuck with me through thick and thin and I am so thankful to have him as my best friend. Not sure if I would've made it this far without him.

Lilia, my younger sister. I may have been adopted, but that doesn't mean that we're not family. She may be a little...clingy at times, but she will always be precious to me.

Brutus, my roommate and an amazing guy. His cooking skills have saved me multiple times and he's been a joy to room with. And throughout the time I've known him, he's grown to be one of my most trusted friends.

Angela, the angel whom I saved from the Hollow Realm. She's come so far, finally knowing how a television works. I know that I set her free, but I truly think she was the one who saved herself. She never let her imprisonment get the better of her.

Sapphire, the hydra dragon who I first met by being challenged to a duel. I had been scared out of my mind back then, but now she's an irreplaceable member of our group. Under her tsundere nature is someone who truly cares.

Krystal, the kitsune who was brave enough to ask for my hand to my parents. She's always been courageous and strong, no matter the obstacles in her path. And I've always admired that about her.

Dawn, the vampire princess who completely took me by surprise. I never thought I'd become engaged this early, but I am truly glad to have become her fiancé. I know that she'll have my back no matter what, just as the rest.

Madam Webb. Or I guess now I should say Destiny. Our first meeting was frightening, but I quickly grew to respect her. I still regret not being able to stop her death...and yet here she is anyways. That death-defying tenacity of hers is truly incredible.

And then Sally, my one and only system AI. Everything started when you appeared in my mind that one day. Without you, none of this would have happened. It's all thanks to you.

"Technically that should go to the system, but I'll gladly take the praise." Sally laughed.

Seriously.

I couldn't be happier.

It's funny to think all of this started when a [Harem System] of all things appeared in front of me.

As I watched my friends laugh and joke, the storms having finally passed and led way to calm waters, I let myself release a hearty laugh.

I love them.

It doesn't matter if they're "monsters".

I'm going to protect them for as long as I live.

I'll become the new Demon King if it means keeping the people I love safe.

After all, they're precious to me.

Irreplaceable.

My family.