65 - I Thought Systems Were Fake!

(??? POV)

Darkness. It was all I saw. No matter where I turned, there was only darkness. I stood upon something, but it was just darkness.

I guess I finally learned where we go from Hell when we die. To this, eternal void.

Won't I go crazy?

Being stuck here...not being able to know what happened to them. I hope he kept them safe. That's all I asked.

But will I be able to survive sitting here, for the rest of eternity? In this blank void, stuck with only my thoughts?

"Hello." A light, feminine voice came from behind me. "Sorry for the wait, Madam Webb."

I turned around, being met with a robed person. The robe covered every part of them, except for their face where a skull sat and where their skeletal hands poked out, holding a clipboard and pen.

"I'm not Madam Webb...not anymore." Is after. "...you're a grim reaper, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am." The grim reaper stated. Their voice heavily contrasted their skeletal face, and I had to resist the urge to laugh.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around the infinite darkness.

"You could call this the waiting room, I suppose." The grim reaper stated.

"I see." I nodded. "Well...this is it, I suppose. Time to go."

"Not so fast." The grim reaper stated, and I swear I could hear a smile on her face. "You've helped many, and one of them bestowed a gift upon you."

The grim reaper walked up to me, lightly poking my chest. As they brought their hand away, a bright, red, orange, and yellow feather followed it.

"Faye." I gasped.

"I assume that's the name of the Phoenix which gifted you their feather." The grim reaper stated. "You see, a Phoenix can take a part of itself and place it into a person; giving them a once free ticket to a second life."

"What? But how?" I questioned in shock. "I didn't know that was..."

"Yes, it's a secret between us and the Phoenix." The grim reaper stated. "Not everybody can get a second life, so a Phoenix only gifts them to very special people."

"Incredible..." I gasped.

The grim reaper smiled...I think. "Yes, it is. And I think it was worth it, in this case. Death won't mind waiting a little longer for you. After all, everybody returns to Death."

"...thank you." I graciously smiled.

"You should thank that Faye, whenever you meet her again." The grim reaper stated.

I wish it was that simple. She died, which means I have to wait for her next reincarnation. And she doesn't regain her memories every reincarnation...

But I'll always be thankful.

"Make sure you don't waste this second opportunity." The grim reaper warned. "Not even another Phoenix feather will bring you back a third time."

"Noted." I nodded.

"I think you'll be fine though." The grim reaper stated. "You may be almost completely restarting, but you also have another gift here. A very, very special gift."

"What do you-?" I asked, before being cut off as the darkness somehow rumbled.

"It's time." She stated. "Your body has been resurrected, though with some slight changes. Enjoy."

"What's really you talking-?!" I screamed, before everything seemed to twist and turn as I fell down a dark hole.

And when I hit the bottom, I suddenly awoke to a red, spiky ceiling miles above me. It was the sky of Hell. I was back.