58 - Grinding Levels Is Tough

I felt my foot lightly tap the ground as I glanced at the clock. Any moment now, and the final period of the day would end and I could start practicing with my sword.

I have two weeks to level up an item to Level 20, and it would be even better if I could two others as well. My plan was for my [Iron Sword], [Deathbane Bow], and the [Firebolt X].

The bell finally rung, allowing for me to quickly grab my bag and rush out of the classroom. I quickly started heading to the training area that Madam Webb had set up for us.

Anna asked Madam Webb if there was anywhere we could use, and she got us a small outdoor area where I could practice archery and swordsmanship, but probably not riding the motorcycle. That I will probably have to go outside of school for, and then eventually the Hell Highway...

It was probably favoritism that Madam Webb got us this small area, but she was the Headmaster and got to make the decisions. Also, it greatly helped and I wasn't going to look a gift horse in it's mouth, or something like that.

"I do believe that is how the saying goes." Sally added.

I opened the door to the small area. It was like a large balcony on the castle we called a school. It had artificial grass on the ground and different equipment around like swords, wooden spinning post things, targets, and more.

I summoned my [Iron Sword], starting to practice the movements that Krystal's Grandpa taught me. Repetition was a good way to get better.

It didn't take long until the doors to this area opened as Anna, Angela, Dawn and Krystal entered.

Considering how much I'm going to have to grind to get these items to Level 20, I asked if the other members of the [Party] could help.

"So, what's the plan?" Dawn asked. "For the bonus, we need three items to Level 20, right?"

"Right." I nodded.

"Jack." Anna said. "What levels are they at the moment?"

"My sword and bow are both level 5." I stated. "But the Firebolt is only level 2."

"We likely have a long way to go then." Anna replied. "Let's focus on one, and find out how hard it is. And once we get one item to Level 20, we could probably enter the Hollow."

Angela looked to me. "The Hollow?" Dawn and Krystal questioned.

"Right...we never told them..." Angela realized.

"It's where Jack originally found Angela." Anna explained. "It's...some sort of different realm that Jack can create portals to. Also, it's filled with Corrupted."

"Weird..." Dawn muttered. She looked towards me. "You got that from the System?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"That's crazy cool!" Krystal gasped with sparkling eyes.

"Once we do some training, we can probably start working there then." Dawn suggested. "We only have two weeks, so let's polish up on some skills, level up the items a little, and then move on there."

"Fighting live targets will probably give us more experience..." Anna nodded. "Alright. That sounds good."

And then I remembered something. In the shop, I had different kinds of EXP boosts. Wait, but those cost AP...

"So, I just remembered I can buy EXP boosts, which would probably be useful..." I stated. "But they cost AP."

"That kind of defeats the point since you're doing this mission for the AP." Dawn sweatdropped.