77 - Welcome Back Home

All around me was flames.

The crumbled remains of Hell High burned with bright, raging fire. The crimson flames spiraled all around, sending a blanket of smoke into the sky above.

My friends laid across the broken and dying landscape, battered and bruised. Bleeding pools of red that melted into the dark red ground of Hell and was washed away from the crimson red of the flames.

All around me was horror.

And right there, at my feet, was the very same person I had failed when Hell High fell.

Madam Webb, not staring at me, nor anything else. For her eyes were devoid of life, a knife stabbed in her stomach.

And as I slowly looked up, in the distance, stood a laughing man drenched in blood. His armor was splattered with the substance, his hands dripping liquid crimson.

Demon King Lucifer grinned mockingly at me, cackling at the carnage.

I gasped awake from my nightmare, my body sore and heavy. A dull pain filled my body, a strange noise filling the back of my mind. My head throbbed as I slowly sat myself up, rubbing my forehead to try and get rid of some of the pain.

"Where...am I?" I questioned, squinting my eyes as I looked around.

I was supposed to be at the sealed gate to Heaven. That's where that damn Demon King Lucifer dropped me off to.

I clearly remember passing out.

"The holy air here will slowly kill you..." He grinned down at me. "...Enjoy the last moments of your pathetic little existence."

And I clearly remember what he said.

The holy air should've taken me out. But yet, I don't think I'm even at the gate to Heaven anymore. Everything is so white, and something is under me...

I closed my eyes from the overstimulation as my head continued to pound. I took in the feeling of the object beneath me, realizing that I was currently sitting in a bed.

I took a deep breath, squinting as I opened my eyes once more and got adjusted to the white. And that's when I realized I was in a room full of white, from the floor to the walls to the bed and the bed stand.

My body continued to ache, a stabbing pain in my heart each moment I breathed in some of the air. It almost felt dangerous, as if I was breathing in some form of harmful chemical.

I looked down at myself, realizing that I had been stripped of my shirt. Bandages were wrapped around my chest and arms, helping with the injuries I had sustained

The door slowly opened. I quickly staggered to my feet, my balance uneasy and my legs wobbly. I was about to summon my sword when the person behind the door revealed themselves, looking at me in surprise.

And I looked back at her, equally as surprised.

For behind her white dress were fluffy white wings, and above her curly brown hair was a golden halo.

An angel.

"Oh my, you're awake." She smiled kindly, her amber eyes holding a soft warmth as they stared at me.

"My name is Lailah, dear miracle child." She smiled softly. "How are you feeling?"

"Could be better..." I slowly spoke. "...where am I?"

"You're in Heaven." Lailah stated.

"But I thought Heaven was sealed?" I questioned.

"It was." Lailah smiled sadly. "Until I sensed your presence, just as foretold."