73 - Luna Diabolos

Luna slowly opened her eyes. Her head was throbbing. What had just happened? Wasn't she trying to capture Jackson Walker and bring him to justice?

Oh, right.

She looked around with squinted eyes. She was chained to a wall by her arms, while there was a large weight attached to her leg with a chain. She was in some sort of bland, soulless stone brick cell.

How ironic. She came to capture him, and she got captured instead. She was probably going to be used as a hostage now, wasn't she?

And then she looked straight at me.

"Yo." I waved to her from outside her cell. I was sitting on the ground cross-legged.

"...the hell?" She muttered.

"I didn't expect the dungeon either." I shrugged.

"The hell you want?" Luna glared at me.

Oh.

"Interrogation." I stated. "Cause you did just kind of start a war between the Dark Kingdom and the Underworld."

"You will regret messing with the Diabolos." She growled. "My family is not one you want to mess with."

"Yeah, sure." I shrugged. "Can you just tell me how to resolve this whole thing so we don't go to war and multiple demons die?"

"Turn yourself in." She hissed.

"I shouldn't have bothered." I sighed. I started to stand up and turn around before she spoke again.

"You want to resolve this war?" She questioned.

"Yes. Yes I do." I nodded.

"Why? Is it really so demons don't die?" Luna asked.

"Of course! Do you want people to die over a pointless conflict?" I asked her.

"Pointless?!" Her face morphed into anger. "Madam Webb's life was pointless?!" She yelled at me.

"No! But your brother's was!" I yelled back.

I sighed, taking a deep breath. I shouldn't have done that. With everything that happened...no, I'm just making excuses.

"I'm sorry." I replied. "Too far."

Luna stared at me, before finally speaking again. "I don't understand you. What is your motives? Why did you kill them?"

"I lost control and killed Duncan, along with his two lackeys." I clenched my fists, remembering the memory. "They had come for me. It's because of me that Madam Webb died."

"..." Luna stayed silent, watching me before finally speaking. "Did you really kill Madam Webb?"

"No. I didn't." I shook my head. "Why would I? She was my headmaster. My girlfriend's mother. Someone dear to me."

"Then how did she die? If you really are telling the truth?" Luna asked.

Why are you asking now?" I replied.

"Because I'm the one locked up in here. And we both know Duncan's an ass. I wouldn't put it past him to blame a murder on someone." She stated. "But the blaming happened after he died, so I'm not quite sure I believe you."

"If you do, will you tell me how I can stop this conflict?" I asked.

"...if I do." Luna sighed, looking away. "Good luck."

"Then I'll tell you my side of the story." I replied. "It won't hurt at least."

I recounted to her my story. From witnessing Madam Webb get stabbed, to blacking out and killing the three, to burying their bodies and the escape afterwards.