46 - Saving The Students

"Was this really the best you could come up with?" Sally sighed.

I tried my best, okay?

With how quick Skullface woke up last time, I needed something to tie him up. I only have my chain though, so I had to make do.

I'm not currently walking through the forest, hopefully heading to the others while dragging a tied-up Skullface.

He's definitely going to be sore when he wakes up...

"It's fine. He deserves it." Sally replied.

I guess.

Boo sat on my shoulder, slightly shifting. It was so small, it could completely fit in my palm. I don't think that's right...I think Skullface injured it.

"Let it eat something, then maybe it will grow." Sally suggested.

But what do slimes eat?

"People." Sally stated.

I'm not feeding it a person! I can feed it a...

I looked around for something.

...a leaf?

"You're an idiot." Sally sighed once again.

I try my best.

As I continued to wander through the forest, I came to the realization that I was lost. I had no idea where the others went to free the students and slimes.

And then a roar rumbled the forest and a giant stream of fire bursted into the air. The fire was a crimson red. That's Sapphire's fire, so Sapphire, Anna, and John must be this way!

I quickly ran the forest, heading to where the others were. I'm sure that they're fine, but I still couldn't help but be worried. Behind me Skullface's head smacked against the ground.

I continued to run until I reached an opening. Running outside, I saw multiple busses filled with students, cheering. Like, there were so many. Makes sense, considering almost the whole school came to this.

In front of me John was exchanging hands with another Devil Rider. Anna was riding Sapphire who was now fully in her light blue, three-headed dragon form. She roared, crimson fire bursting out at a multiple fleeing Devil Riders who didn't want to be burned.

...Yeah, they had this handled. Even without their fellow students helping.

Everybody looked over to me in surprise. Even John and that random Devil Rider stopped punching each other.

"Is...is that Skullface...?" The random Devil Rider asked, shakily pointing behind me.

"Oh, yeah." I replied. I looked back at the unconscious leader of the Devil Riders. There were a couple of twigs in his hair.

The Devil Rider stared at me in surprise before suddenly bowing down. The other fleeing ones looked over, before bowing down as well.

Sapphire transformed back into her human form, catching Anna in her arms and jumping off from off top the buses, walking over with a confused look.

"Jack! You're alright!" Anna happily smiled, jumping into my arms and giving me a hug.

"So are you." I smiled.

"So...what is going on?" Sapphire questioned.

"I have no idea." I replied.

"Maybe you're their new leader or something." John laughed, nudging me in the stomach.

"You defeated our leader...us Devil Rider's have a law. The strongest is our leader." The bowing Devil Rider stated.

"...You're kidding me." John replied in shock.