67 - To The Dark Empire

Dunk was going to drop us off some vehicles, so we could go off-roading. It was much too dangerous to use Hell High.

We have enough to pay Dunk for it, but it'll take most of what we have on us. It's worth it though, and I don't mind. Dunk is doing us a great favor by taking the risk of meeting with us.

We walked towards the rendezvous point John and Dunk had decided on. We were silent, a somber tone hanging over our heads until Anna finally broke it.

"Jack...did you notice one of your eyes is red now?" Questioned Anna.

That's right! My right eye is now red, while my left eye was still blue. There's no doubt that's because of my new demonic discovery.

"You're right." Dawn noticed. "What happened?"

"I...don't know." I lied. "Weird..."

Sapphire glanced towards me.

"Are you okay?" Lilia cutely asked.

"Yeah...I'm fine..." I slowly said. "Thanks for worrying."

I rubbed her head with my hand. In response she swatted my hands away, a small blush on her face as she pouted.

"Don't treat me as a child..." Lilia mumbled.

"I want that..." Krystal whispered, jealous of the head-patting.

"We're getting close." John stated. "Dunk is using a teleportation circle. We just need to set one up ahead."

"Why can't we just set one up here?" Lilia questioned.

"Right, you're new to Hell." John stated. "Throughout Hell are magical streams, which we call leylines. It's what we draw our magical power from."

"Hell has leylines just like Earth." Anna added. "They're located in a spiritual plane, and are parallel to different parts of Hell and Earth."

"Oh, I see." Lilia nodded. "I don't really use magic, so..."

"You're an exorcist...right?" Asked Anna.

"Yeah." Lilia nodded.

"Then how do you fight ghosts if not with magic?" Anna asked.

"Spiritual power." Lilia proudly stated.

We all looked at her blankly.

"That's just magic, isn't it?" John pointed out.

"It is?" Lilia asked, confused.

"Yeah...just a different type of magic." Anna stated.

"Huh." Lilia replied. "Well, I never said I was a good exorcist. I'm still in training, technically."

"No wonder..." John facepalmed. "Wait, we're here."

He pulled out a piece of chalk. It reminded me of the first time he did that, when he created the portal to Hell, back when all of this started.

Using the chalk, he draw a satanic circle onto the rocky ground. Backing up from it, he stared intently at the circle, until the chalk lines burst into flames.

A portal opened up onto the ground, before a 4x4 popped out of it, landing onto the ground. John quickly threw his wallet into the portal, it closing shortly afterwards.

"Will this be enough..?" Worriedly asked Krystal.

I summoned my Firebolt X next to me, climbing onto it. "We have nine people. I can fit two on here, Angela can fly, and the 4x4 can fit four."

"That's seven." Sapphire noted. "We need two more spots."

"We can fit another two people onto the back of the 4x4." John stated, patting the seat which hung out from the back. "While not as safe, it works. And they can hold onto each other for support."