64 - B3r739k

(Duncan POV)

Oh, how I've waited for this moment. I tried striking them at their weakest before, but was absolutely demolished by Headmaster.

But this way, immobilizing Headmaster...it was perfect. I easily killed her off, leaving me and my new allies with a broken Jackson.

Finally I'd get the revenge I so deserved. I couldn't wait to see the light fade from his eyes for ruining everything.

My life here was ruined, my pride was ruined, and my reputation was ruined. Even back at home, people laugh about my failure to a human.

He's not human, he has that wing...but that doesn't matter. With Newton and Derrick on my side, he'll easily be killed.

Jackson stared with wide-eyes, tears rolling down his face at where Headmaster just was. Her ashes scattered across the floor and in his arms.

"I hope you enjoyed those last words." I grinned. "Because now it's your turn."

Jackson looked back towards us. His eyes seemed unfocused as he stumbled to his feet, barely pocketing a purple necklace into his pocket.

I'd grab that once we killed him. Might be valuable.

"Let's end this." Derrick said.

"I get first strike." I told him.

"Yeah, yeah." Derrick sighed.

"Quickly." Newton stated. "Best to finish him off while he's cut off from reality."

I readied my sword. Moving it in front of me, I watched as my vicious grin reflected off the blade. This was going to be satisfying.

Then Jackson gripped his head. He started to shake, tearing at his hair as he writhed around in front of us.

We took a step back, a little bit unnerved.

"Is he going crazy?" Derrick asked. "Damn, I'd rather he be fully conscious."

"This is better." Newton replied. "We all know he's the strongest."

"Just go ahead and do it." I patted Newton forwards.

"Ah...okay." He nodded, turning towards Jackson. He started to walk forwards, gripping his knife.

I don't know why I let him go first, but for some reason Jackson's state unnerved me. I shook the strange feeling out of my mind. I just needed to focus on my revenge.

And then Jackson screamed, clutching onto his face. He almost looked like he was going to tip it off. Newton jumped back in surprise as Jackson writhed in unmistakable pain.

He screamed as a second wing ripped itself out of his right side, but it looked different to his other wing. It looked like mine.

He was part demon?!

A single horn sprouted itself out of his head on his right side. He stopped screaming, his arms going limp as he was hunched over, face towards the ground.

His face tilted upwards, and his gaze connected with mine. His right eye had turned red, contrasting his blue left eye. It sent chills down my spine. I even saw Derrick and Newton slightly shiver.

No, I can't be intimidated. This is my time to finally get rid of him for good!

His eyes burned with an infinite rage, yet his face was completely calm. It was a perfect poker face, leaving no emotion shown.

An oppressive aura seemed to form around him as he stared us down. We all involuntarily took a step back.

This is ridiculous!

"What the-?!" Newton spoke.

In an instant Jackson appeared in front of Newton, sending a punch straight through his stomach. I watched as Jackson's blood-soaked demon arm protruded from Newton's back.

Newton gasped, coughing out blood onto Jackson. Jackson looked at him with no emotion, pulling his arm out from Newton's body.

Newton stumbled backwards, before collapsing onto the ground and bleeding out. He looked to me with wide eyes, pleading for me to do something.

"Fuck this! I'm out!" Screeched Derrick, turning tail and running.

A chain appeared from around Jackson's arm while in his other hand appeared an iron sword which seemed to be covered in ice.

He threw up the iron sword, throwing the chain around it's handle mid-air. Spinning around, he threw the iron sword now attached to the chain right past my face.

I ducked back, barely avoiding getting cut as the sword aired through the air, stabbing through Derrick's chest. His eyes widened as he was yanked backwards into the ground.

The iron sword and chain disappeared as Derrick landed to the ground, bleeding out just like Newton. A crooked cough tore through his throat as he laid there.

"Damn you..." I growled. "What the hell are you?!"

He turned back towards me, focusing his attention back on me once more. He didn't say anything, taking a step forwards.

I growled, clutching my sword in my hands. This couldn't be happening! This wasn't fair! I almost had him! I almost had him!

I rocketed forwards, ready to take him out. I swung my sword towards his neck in an attempt to decapitate him, only for it to be stopped right in front of his neck by his hand.

It gripped onto my sword. I tried tugging it out, but his grip was too strong. His grip tightened, and cracks started to form across the sword.

How was this possible?! This was one of the finest swords made in the whole Underworld!

The sword shattered. Jackson brought his arm back, swinging his fist against my face. I stumbled backwards, clutching my definitely broken nose.

Blood trickled through my fingers as another punch rocked my face. Another slammed against me as he continued to assault my face.

He gripped my neck, pushing me against the wall. My blood trailed down my face, from my busted lips and broken nose.

At this rate, he was really going to kill me...

"Hah..." I chuckled. "You can't kill me." I bluffed.

He didn't say anything, continuing to stare me in the face. I quickly brought my newly-sacrificed hand up, lighting it up with Chaos fire as I slammed it against his face.

He continued to stare at me, unmoving despite my attack. Despite my chaos fire-coated, newly corrupted fist being directly against his cheek, he was completely unaffected.

He slowly peeled away my fist, revealing a slight burn on his cheek which quickly disappeared. My fire had done practically nothing.

"You can't kill me..." I stated. "My family is one of the most influential, second only to King Lucifer himself. If you kill me...you'll be hunted for your whole life."

"I promised." He finally said, his voice lacking any emotion. It was almost robotic.

"What?"

The last thing I saw was his fist hurtling towards my face.