52 - Krystal Is Dangerously Cute

A new mission suddenly popped up in front of me.

[Mission] - Gain a new party member.

[Reward] - Party Slot 5

[Punishment] - Get beaten up by a Kitsune Grandpa

[Time] - 1 Hour

[Y/N]

That is incredibly convenient...

Also, these punishments get stranger and stranger, I swear. Well, they were never normal in this first place.

I assume the punishment refers to Krystal's Grandpa, so it's interesting that the [System] was so specific...

And apparently the [System] can also give rewards that aren't just AP. I learn something new about this [System] every day.

Okay, Sally please accept the mission.

"Got it." Sally replied.

If everything works out with this, then Krystal can join the party and I won't get beaten up. But if it doesn't...

I deserve the punishment.

Krystal looked me in the eyes. "This is...something important, isn't it?" She asked.

"Yeah...it is." I nodded.

"Let's take a walk." She replied. "I have the perfect place for this."

She stood up, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. We started to walk through the village when somebody called for Krystal.

"Krystal?!" Someone exclaimed, running up. He was our age, with blond hair and blue eyes hidden behind glasses. And of course, fox ears on his head and four fox tails behind him.

His eyes narrowed as he looked at me. "Who is this?"

"This is Jack." Krystal smiled. "Oh! Jack, this is my childhood friend Newton!"

"Nice to meet you." I nodded towards him.

"Can't say the same..." He sighed. "Can you blame me after what I've heard about Duncan."

"No, I can't." I shook my head. "But I assure you that I'm not like Duncan."

I placed my hand out for a handshake as a show of good will. He looked at it, slowly grabbing my hand and shaking it with a tightened grip and strained smile as if he was trying to intimidate me.

"What are you two doing...alone?" He replied.

"Just taking a walk." Krystal smiled. "Hey, how have you been doing?"

"I've been doing good." He smiled back. "It's nice to see you back. It was getting lonely here with you at Hell High."

"You could always come to Hell High." Krystal suggested.

"No, it's fine." He shook his head. "And besides, I'd just be lonely since you will be staying here now."

"Don't count on it." She stuck her tongue out at him. "But I plan on returning back to Hell High with Jack."

"Do you now...?" He replied, giving me a glare.

"Don't be like that." Krystal replied. "We'll convince her. Anyways, I'll catch up with you later! We have to do something important!"

Krystal grabbed my hand, dragging me off. As we left I could see Newton giving me a look the whole way until we left his vision.

I hope he didn't misunderstand anything with how Krystal was acting...

Krystal continued to drag me through the village, before taking a small path which led off and away from the houses.

She led me to a small forest. We followed the path through to a small lake situated in the middle of the small forest.