62 - Catalysts And Ascension

Fighting the Corrupted inside of the Hollow have a lot more experience. With a couple more days of work, spending a couple hours per day, we were able to finally get the [Iron Sword] up 9 levels to Level 20. One week in, and we got one of the three done.

Along with that, we also got a couple more crystals from the Corrupted, sold for a total of another 55 AP.

My [Danger Sense] leveled up twice, [Hollow Wanderer] once, [Chains of Holy Fire] thrice, and [Eagle Eye] twice. My Agility also went up another level.

[Profile]

Name: Jackson Walker

Race: Nephilim

AP: 840

Level: 4

Charm: Level 3

Strength: Level 4

Wisdom: Level 3

Agility: Level 5

[Danger Sense] Level 18 - A warning of incoming danger and which direction it is from can be felt.

[Hollow Wanderer] Level 5 - You can access the mysterious Hollow Realm through special portals.

[Chains of Holy Fire] Level 12 - You can summon and control chains infused with Holy Fire.

[Eagle Eye] Level 10 - You can see farther and clearer.

[Demon Arm Beelzebub] Level 10 - A Demonic Arm that overtakes your own upon use. Holds the mysterious powers of the old Lord of Flies.

* [Gluttony] The full potential of the Demon Arm. Absorbs magical energy to make the arm stronger.

[Fire Resistance] Level 5 - Any fire attacks dealt upon you deal less damage and don't hurt as much.

[Boo] Level 3 - A familiar of Jackson Walker. A Slime King, a monster which is impervious to physical attacks and can absorb things to become stronger.

All of that was normal, but what was strange was staring at the [Iron Sword] on my inventory.

We were currently taking a break, sitting down in a forest in the Hollow. We had set up a picnic, with a blanket, basket, and food. Anna had placed some traps in case any Werebeasts attempted to sneak up on us, so we could leisurely enjoy our meal.

"Why are you staring so intently at your [Inventory]?" Anna questioned.

[Iron Sword] Level MAX [Ascension?] - An medieval European styled common sword made from iron.

"Well...[Iron Sword] says it's maxed out. And there's a new pop up next to it which says [Ascension?]." I told her.

"[Ascension]?" Dawn asked. "Try clicking it."

I clicked it, a new screen popping up in front of me.

[Ascension]

[Level Requirements Met]

[Catalyst Needed]

"Catalyst?" I muttered to myself. "Wait a minute..."

I quickly maneuvered over to the [Missions] tab, looking back at the rewards for the [Mission] the system had issued me.

And there it was. In the bonus, not only did I get 100 AP, but also 1x Random Catalyst.

"It's called a Catalyst." Sally stated, everybody perking up at her words. "They're used to 'evolve', or ascend an item. Unlike Skills, items need something else to 'evolve' them."

"So, it's like a leveling system?" Anna said. "You reach a certain level, then need a Catalyst to breakthrough and go higher?"

"Exactly." Sally replied.