48 - Heading To The Fox Village

The cafeteria felt a lot emptier than before. It's been a month since the field trip and many parents have pulled their students out of the school.

I mean, the students did get kidnapped, so it's perfectly understandable. It's made the school feel a lot emptier now. The amount of students was cut in half I'd say.

I fed Boo some of my food, letting it digest in it's stomach. It's gotten slightly larger in this month and hasn't leveled up.

That's right, Boo came back with us since it's now my familiar. The slimes are now living peacefully with Spotsville and Oasis.

Over this month Dawn has become used to Boo. She's still scared of slimes, but Boo specifically no longer scares her. Same with Brutus.

"I've been looking for a book about slimes." Dawn stated, lightly rubbing Boo. "But I haven't found anything."

"Why are you looking for a book about slimes?" John asked.

"I wanted to see if it's healthy for King Slimes to be this small. I thought they were supposed to be larger." Dawn explained.

"Yeah, we don't want Jack's familiar to die." Anna nodded.

"Yeah, I get that." John lazily stretched. "I've always imagined them to be larger."

"I-I wish I could help." Brutus muttered. "B-but we don't have slimes in Aquator."

"It's fine." I smiled. "You don't have to worry about it. Boo has been fine this month, so I think everything is okay."

"Hey...where are Krystal and Sapphire?" Angela asked. "They're not sick, right?"

"They were fine earlier today." Anna stated. "That is a little worrying."

"I'm sure they'll let us know if anything is wrong." I replied.

"Angela! Jack! Look what the lunch lady gave me!" Lilia exclaimed, running over.

She was holding a whole swordfish.

"Is that-is that a swordfish?" Anna questioned.

"Yeah!" Lilia happily said, too happy to argue with Anna. She sat next to Angela and placed the swordfish on her plate.

"Lilia has always loved seafood." I nodded.

Brutus shivered.

"How do you eat a whole swordfish?" John questioned.

Lilia started to gut the swordfish.

"Oh...so that's how." John cringed. "Your sister is insane, you know?"

"I know." I sighed.

"Jack!" Someone yelled from behind me.

Turning around, I saw Sapphire fly over with her dragon wings out, landing right in front of me. The students still at the school started to murmur, wondering if another fight was going to happen.

"We have a problem." She stated.

"We do?" I asked.

"It's Krystal. You might want to come and see." Sapphire stated.

"Is she okay?" Dawn worriedly asked.

"Physically, yes. Emotionally...we'll see." Sapphire ominously stated.

"Alright, let's go." I nodded, standing up. "I wonder what's going on."

What's happened with Krystal? I don't think it has anything to do with her ex-boyfriend Duncan, he hasn't been seen since the field trip. And I have no idea how he would even get in here.