68 - The Confrontation

I held Anna bridal style, dashing towards the streets. I needed to get to the train to the Dark Empire. Even if I don't use the train, I can at least follow the tracks.

People slowly started to open their windows, checking outside now that the hellfire of bullets had ended. Their eyes immediately followed me as I dashed past, gasps of realization echoing behind me.

"Stop! Murderer!" A soldier appeared from the street ahead.

Danger Sense!

He dashed towards me, swinging a punch with his armored fist. I ducked under his fist, swinging my foot around and clocking him in the back of his head. He collapsed to the ground, knocked out.

I continued to dash through the city, keeping my grip on Anna tight. I had no idea when she would wake up...I needed to get her to the train. That would be safer.

Multiple soldiers appeared from the corner up ahead, making me turn to the left into another road to avoid them. My feet pounded against the pavement as I continued working my way through the city. I could hear the soldiers feet hit the ground as I continued.

I took a right, then a left, continuing to zig-zag through the city in an attempt to throw off this soldiers. I'm getting close! Just a couple more turns!

I turned into a narrow street, where multiple soldiers stood in the way. Did they know I'd turn onto this street?! In the front of them was a teenage girl with a large, intimidating sword on her back.

I quickly turned around, only for the soldiers chasing me to catch up and block off my only other way out.

I don't think I can fly either, even if I let out my other wing. Last time was a fluke. I have no idea on how to fly, and I'm not risking it with Anna in my arms.

"Jackson Walker." The girl stated, an emotionless look on her face. "So we finally meet."

She had dark gray hair, with light gray eyes. A golden earring was on one of her ears, and she had two unique demon horns on her head. She wore a fashionable white pants with a black long-sleeved shirt and black choker.

"...who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Luna Diabolos." She stated.

Wait?! Diabolos?!

"That's right. Duncan Diabolos is...was, my brother." She stated. "Until you killed him."

"..." How was I supposed to respond to that.

"I get that my brother wasn't the best man..." She sighed. "But did you really have to kill him? Sure, he can be a jerk...but..."

I don't think she knew half of the things he did.

"...I had to." I stated.

"Did you have to kill Madam Webb?" She then asked.

"I-I...no..." I whispered.

Her hands clenched. "Monster..." She growled. "To kill her...you've committed a big mistake. And to even kidnap her daughter? I am going to put you down today."

I glanced down to the unconscious Anna in my arms. "Ah, crap..." This looks bad...

She pulled the sword off her back, making me bulk just at the sheer size of it. It was easily just as large as her, a giant black rugged sword. And she easily lifted it as if it was only five pounds.

Suddenly a blue screen appeared in front of me.

[Mission] - Perform a wall slam.

[Reward] - 100 AP
[Punishment] - A sword speared through the stomach.
[Time] - 5 minutes.