42 - Oh dear

Clara pov

Who would have thought of out of all the places in this big planet, she will meet the person she was avoiding. How cruel was fate?.
She hadn't been feeling well lately, drinking her ginger tea. She smiled at the memory of her 'escape', but what was he doing here anyways.

"Grrrr!" she looked at the phone on the bed. She was in a foul mood and not ready to unleash it to anyone. However the phone never stopped ringing, sighing she took the phone ready to give the person a piece of her mind.

"He... "

"Hello to you too Clara, just what did I tell you the last time? "

She went rigid hearing this sent cold chills down her spine, she had changed her number!

"You!"

"Tsk, tsk I won't be raising my voice if I were you."

"What do you want?" she gritted

"You don't get to ask questions, I told you to be far away from him, but what do you do?. Let me answer it you do the opposite, going to Greece as him, you little swim you think I won't know?! "

She looked at the phone, her dream flashed before her. This lady was nuts, arguing won't do her any good, she will just play cool.

"I didn't know, he would come here" She whispered.

"I don't buy that, I think the bullet didn't do the job. What do you say to a certain three years old Aaron being kidnapped, hmm."

How can she say such things casually, is she really that cruel to hurt a child!. "Don't. You. Touch. My. Son."

"Awe, she is all fired up, Hahahahahaha. Tell you what if you can get to Greece in the next two hours, he might be spared." the line went dead after that.

She quickly started of packing working against time, she knew she couldn't make it by that time, there would be traffic to the airport. She crossed her fingers hoping that luck will be on her side.

***

The first person she called was her mother, but she didn't pick up. Growing anxious she hailed a taxi to their house, she looked at the time it was past the given hour but...

"Drive faster please"

"Am sorry ma'am I can't pass the speed limit."

"What, it an emergency, you know what I will alight here but take the things to the house I have directed you."

She came down running through a short cut to the house. She jumped the fence into the garden when her phone began ringing.

"Damn it" she picked the call hoping it won't be who she thought it would be.

"Hello"

"I must say you did your best and I love that about you but you lost"

"No no no you can't do this!"

"I already did"

She burst through the door, expecting her parents to be chatting but...

" Where is Aaron"

"Clara? you didn't tell us you were coming"

"Mum. where. is. my. son"

"He is in his room, honey what is wrong..."

She didn't stay to list to the rest, taking the stairs two at a time she got to his room, pushing the door open it was empty. Her parents was behind her, they gasp at the site before them. Blood was everywhere the window was opened.

"No no "

"How? " her father asked.

Her phone rang again wasting no time she picked.

"You b*** where is my son, you better don't hurt him"

"Are you done, listen. Mummy mummy"

"You psycho... "

"Shhhh, your son can hear you don't you know you don't use offensive where a child is"

"Shut the f*** up, don't dare touch him"

"Ooouuu am scared well he got a few bruises but he's okay. Now I want you to tell kelvin, that I have always been his wife and not you. I will give you a day to process it else I don't know you may find his body or hmm I will let you decide"

The line went dead, it was on speaker so everyone heard. She felt sick, she rushed to the washroom to throw up.

"Am.. am sorry I failed we fa.." her mum cried, she could see the guilt on her face. Her dad who had never cried had a tear in his eyes. She shook her heard, she was find being a push over. She will get her son no matter what.

"No ma, I don't blame you or dad. I know who did this don't blame yourself please"

"We have to call the police" her father said taking his phone to call.

"Don't worry I will first we snap the room and rest. Tomorrow will be a busy day, I need to rest myself.

"Are you alright Clara?" her mum asked, looking at her strangely.

"No am not but I have to be calm and think with my head, I can't afford to be irrational now"

"Awe, that my brave girl you don't have to bear it alone, we are here if you want to cry, scream or let you'd anger out.

"Okay mum"

"I have taken your things to your room"

"Thanks dad"

She left them to snap pictures as she went to her room. She was crushed, but exhausted she would not cry Sarah won't know what hit her. She took her phone to call a long time friend Jessica, she is a computer guru with her and some other friends Sarah would meet her end.

"Jess, I need you in my house tomorrow it's very important come with the squad."

"OK "

That's why she loved Jess, she complies without being nosey. Tomorrow will be a busy day, she started unpacking. When two sticks fell, picking it she realized it was a pregnancy test. She took it when she began feeling sick to ease her conscience that she wasn't.....

"What?"

She stared at the two sticks, it was double.

"When, how?"

She looked at the stick real close to be sure she really saw it.

"Oh dear, you can never be too careful with Kelvin, one is kidnapped and another on the way oh god help me" she whispered.

**************************************
So sorry for not updating in a while have been really tired lately.

Hope everyone is safe, heard there was a storm at the US.

Please take care everyone and be safe.

This chapter is dedicated to my readers for not giving up on the book, despite my errors.

Thank you!!

Till next update 😄😄