21 - Ideas

Clara pov

It has been a week and two days, since she left Kelvin. Where often caught herself wondering if he missed her,  if he was well and what he was doing. On her arrival she went straight to work, looking for any loophole she could use against her competitor. Zeus restaurant, they had gradually winned her off her customers. She only had the loyal customers coming in. As much as she hate them their food was great same as their customer service.  She was exhausted with the whole thing.

"Are you planning on changing your mind? "

"No,  I think it's for the best"

"But.. "

"I know Li, Kelvin and I worked hard to start it but the way things are going I would have to close it" She had decided to close down the restaurant leaving the bakery.

"What will we do now"

"We concentrate on the bakery"

"I know you can bake all kind of cakes, I think it's time to make it a bakery restaurant if it's a word."

"How? "

"Am coming up with the how. First we would have to reconstruct the bakery. To give it a classical look. We would also be running baking classes too. They can take the restaurant but we will heir them with something different."

"That a great idea,  I never thought of it. We could also run nutrition class also. "

"How will we go about it"

"You know people with diabetes can  take sugar, right"

"Yeah"

"My cousin could run a class that help people with such conditions to still enjoy baked goodies but excluding what will harm to their health."

"That's good, call everyone I need to have a meeting with them."

"Okay boss" she said with a salute. She smiled, thinking of how well everything will turn out. She could never ask of a better friend. There was a knock on her door.

"Yes,  come in." she straightened her self, she stood in front of her desk. She prayed her staff will understand and go the extra mile with her. They filed in into the office, she had a total of twenty-five staff,  she had to lay off some.

"Welcome, everyone I called this meeting for two reasons. First to thank you for your support all this while, and the second don't take it the wrong way but am closing down the restaurant." she paused to allow the process what she said. There was mumbling after that,  one of the staff raises his hand to voice out his opinion.

"Yes Elliot"

"Will you lay us then"

"No, I won't"

"Okay, if it's okay ma'am, we could have a coffee shop,  it will go well with the bakery." He said.

"That's an excellent idea. You know what, I will give a week for everyone to come up with an idea. I will choose the best three." they nodded their head in agreement.

"Yes, Mary"

"Why are you closing down the restaurant?"

"As some of yoj may know, since Zeus came our customers has been dwindling. At the rate it's going operating it will only bring more expenses."

"I knew it had to be him, the last time, a guy from there came to ask us if we would live to work there.  They would pay is double of our salary. I declined of course" The same Mary said, Clara looked at her carefully. She was a gossip if you ever wanted to know what was going on. You only need to befriend her and you did know all the rumors.
Clara considered what she said,  that explains, some staffs leaving. She couldn't blame them, no one would pass such offer.

"Thank you Mary, we are going through tough times now. I might not be able to pay you the way I used to. I will understand if you would want to quit now"

She said looking at their eyes, five of the staff left. "Okay is there anyone else." She asked.

"Okay, if that's all the meeting is over. Thank you" the staff left her office.

"I never knew about that, trust me Lara. " Alicia said sitting opposite her.

"Don't worry yourself, when the suggestion come choose the best ten I qll take the best three from there. "Has James been coming?"

"Yes, he does he never seize to be annoying"

"Really, and that's why you are blushing? "

"No am not"

"I will let it go for now, but you know I won't be angry if you date him okay"

"I will keep that in mind"

"Good,  I will be gone soon. Am sure he is helpless without me,  he may not say it but I know"

"After I left that day,  did he remember anything else?" Li asked.

"Unfortunately no, sometimes he says something but he doesn't now why he said it. I really hope he remembers."

"He will, don't give up on him now"

"Not planning on it, I will spend the rest with my parents. I missed Aaron I need to spend some time with him before I go.  Hope you can handle everything?"

"Sure, you need it"

"Okay, call me if you need anything."

"I will, is that all?"

"Yes,  you can go"

She loved Kelvin but she prayed he remembers her soon. She could feel something would happen but she couldn't place hand on what it would be. For now,  she hope fate will be on her side and grant her, her wish.

**********************************************

Another update 😄😄